𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙚𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣, 𝙙𝙖𝙙𝙙𝙮 𝙠𝙚𝙚𝙥𝙨 𝙨𝙚𝙘𝙧𝙚𝙩𝙨

My father is coming to visit today. He never does, that's why I'm scared. I shouldn't really be scared but Cedric said that he sounded overwhelmed. Which is not super uncommon for my father but still. What would he be overwhelmed about? I'm also scared that he will find out about Mattheo—hell being scared is an understatement.

I'm currently at breakfast, I'm alone. I woke up really early, well technically I was already up—I didn't sleep at all last night. I'm filling up my plate when arms wrap around my neck, I jump but look up and see Mattheo. "Hi pretty girl," I smile softly at him.

He grabs a piece of bacon from my plate and throws it in his mouth as he sits next to me "How are you feeling?"

I shrug "I'm fine."

He frowns and shakes his head "What's wrong?"

I sigh softly "It's just my father, I think something's wrong—he doesn't usually visit. Unless it's something important."

"I'm sure everything's fine, he probably just misses you."

I lift a brow and give him an unconvinced look "I doubt it. I always write him letters, and he never visits—no matter what. He hates coming to Hogwarts."

He looks around quickly before leaning in, kissing the tip of my nose softly "It'll be okay, okay?"

My heart flutters and for some reason, I feel more at peace. "you think so?" I ask softly.

"Mhm, I'm sure everything's fine." he gives me a reassuring smile before grabbing a plate of his own and filling it with food.

"So, have you figured out anything about the next task?" I question, I'm very curious to see what they'll have them do next, I'm quite scared for them.

"Nope. Apparently, the egg is a hint of some sort but I can't really figure out anything—all it does is make that awful high pitch screeching sound."

I laugh softly "Well, I'm sure you'll figure it out soon. I could also ask my brother if he knows anything."

He nods "If you want to,"

I smile. After a couple of minutes, all of our friends started to slowly show up one by one. First; Lilly, then Ely, then Theodore, then Pansy, and then lastly Draco.

"So why were you here early?" Lilly asks "And why is everyone sitting at the Hufflepuff table?" Her eyebrows furrow as she looks around.

I sigh "I couldn't sleep, and I don't know." Ely buts in "Oh, I saw Mattheo here so I just assumed all of us are sitting here."

Theodore smirks "Why were you even sitting here in the first place?" he asks, his attention going to Mattheo.

Mattheo shrugs "I needed to talk to Angel here about an assignment. Snape assigned us partners and she's so unbelievably lazy." he looks at me with an annoyed expression but I can see a grin he's trying to hold back.

Lilly smiles at me, her eyebrows raising as she mouths "You are so cute together!"

I smile softly and shake my head at her before mouthing a playful "shut up" back at her. She just grins but turns her attention back to the food on her plate.

I look at Mattheo as he laughs and jokes around with Draco and Theodore and I can't help but smile, smile a genuine smile. Just seeing him not worry about what's happening in his life makes me happy.

"What are you smiling about?" I hear a voice call out and I would recognize that voice anywhere—it's my father. I look behind me and see my dad smiling, he's happy. That's good, but kinda scary, what's happening? And why is he here so early? I get up quickly and give him a tight hug "Hi Dad," I say, happily.

That's when I realized a girl was next to him. A girl who looks almost exactly my age—who looks so similar to me. "Who's this?" I question, pointing at the girl.

It's kinda scary how many features this girl and I have in common. She has my pink, plump lips. She has my medium-length thick brownish-blonde hair, we are basically the same height, and we have the same nose. It's scary. "This is what I came to talk to you guys about, where's Cedric?"

I look around at the Hufflepuff table, but I don't see him. "I have no idea where he is."

He nods and lets out a huff "Well, we have loads of time! Introduce me to some of these unrecognizable faces."

I turn to look at my friends—no—I turn to look at Mattheo. And he looks horrified. He looks like he's seen a ghost—like someone just died right in front of him. My eyebrows furrow and I look back to my dad, then the girl, and then back to my dad. "Who is she?" I ask again.

He sighs "I need to tell you and Cedric at the same time."

I start to get angry "Well Cedric isn't here right now!" I cover my mouth "I'm so sorry." I whisper

My father narrows his eyes. "Your sister. She's your sister. Madison."

Madison? As in Maddie? That's impossible there's so many Madison's—and she's dead. Wait I have a fucking sister?!

"Sister?!" I scream, I'm pretty sure the entirety of Hogwarts heard me but I don't care right now. "I don't have a sister."

"Yes, you do. She is your twin. Not identical but, twin."

I look back at my friends and they are all trying to look away from the scene in front of them. All except Mattheo. Is this really Madison? Is it why he's staring? Does he love her?

"Maddie." I hear him say, his voice is soft but bitter.

I turn around and sit next to Mattheo. I grab his hand from under the table and squeeze it "Are you okay?" I mumble, making sure no one hears.

He turns his attention to me and then back at Madison. "You—what?" he whispers.

I sigh softly "Please tell me she's not who I think she is..."

He swallows and turns his full attention to me, not looking at Madison again. "I can't do that."

My heart stops. Shit. This is bad. Really really bad.

guys I'm so sorry 😭  I know I don't publish as often as I'd hope but I'm gonna try to change that...this chapter is REALLY short—tbh a lot of the chapters are and I apologize, I'll try to make them longer.

what are your thoughtssss, i really love it when you guys communicate with me—I love communication. I love comments.

I wanna know what your predictions for this book are, what are your thoughts on Rory? Who are your favorite characters? (besides mattheo obv 🤭)

anyway, that's my little rant, I hope you enjoyed this short little chapter, more coming soon <3