𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣, 𝙨𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙖𝙞𝙙 𝙮𝙚𝙨

I look at him for a few moments before shaking my head "I refuse to believe that." I say

He sighs "I know...I know but just think about it...who else could it possibly be?" He finds my hand and intertwines our fingers before his face gets closer to mine. His lips brush against my cheek and make their way to my ear "I'm scared." he whispers.

My breath hitches and I squeeze his hand. I have no idea what to say to him at this very moment. I don't know what to think. If his father really is alive then why would he even want Mattheo to join? It makes no sense to me. 

"Let's not think about that right now, okay?" I finally let out. I think that's what he needs. At least a few hours of not worrying about any of his problems.

He nods before blowing out a breath. "Are you mad at me?" he asks.

Am I? To be quite honest I'm not sure. I shouldn't be, right? I mean he didn't do anything wrong. But, every time I look at him I see him telling me I killed my mom—that I'm an awful person.

"No—no I'm not mad at you." I finally say, "You didn't do anything wrong, this isn't your fault." I insist, trying to convince him—or myself.

He shakes his head and scoffs "Why are you lying to me?"

I give him a confused look as my brows furrow "I'm not lying."

"I heard you crying. I made you cry like that. And you aren't mad?"

I take a deep breath and look away from him. My eyes close and I wrap my arms around myself. After a few moments I look back at him with my eyes open "You weren't yourself."

"That doesn't matter. It was my face, my body, my voice. I told you that you killed somebody—your own mother at that." His voice gets slightly louder and his tone fills with emotion, and his eyes turn glossy.

"Mattheo it's okay. I swear. Don't beat yourself up." I wrap my arms around his torso "Don't beat yourself up." I whisper.

His arms wrap around my neck and his face nuzzles into the crook of my neck. We stay like that for what feels like forever before I pull away. "How about we go for a walk around campus?" I suggest.

Maybe if we just talk it would take his mind off of everything. I can't even begin to imagine what he's feeling—how he's feeling. I want to help him in any way I can, and to start: try and get his mind off of everything.

He shrugs but agrees. "Just let me put shoes on and we can head out," I say, walking to mine and Lilly's closet.

He softly smiles and nods. I quickly put on my sneakers and walked out of the closet. "Okay, I'm ready."

He nods and holds out his hand for me to grab, which I gladly do. We walk out of my dorm and head down to the common room. "You know you're the only person that has ever seen me cry." He whispers

I turn my head to look at him "That has to be a lie."

He shakes his head "No...it's not." He takes a breath before squeezing my hand "I know we just met but I feel like I've known you for so long."

I smile to myself and we both don't say anything until we leave the common room. "So where do you wanna go?" I ask.

"Anywhere you want love"

I blush before sighing "This is for you, so you pick."

He shrugs "Really, I don't mind. I'm with you and that's all I care about."

My cheeks heat up once again and I look down "The astronomy tower?" I suggest

He smiles "Sure."

I nod and we both make our way to the astronomy tower. Once we get past the gigantic flight of stairs we arrive at the top. "Finally." I say as I fall to the ground and lay down "My legs," I playfully whine "my poor legs."

Mattheo playfully rolls his eyes before lying down next to me. He turns his head to look at me and he smiles "You're so pretty..." He whispers

My cheeks heat up and I turn to look at him "You aren't too bad yourself,"

He smiles softly "Mhm..."

I look away from him to look at the sky. "I've never been up here during the day before," I say

"Really?" He questions

I nod "Yeah, I always come up at night when I can't sleep."

He doesn't reply but looks at the sky with me, but it doesn't last as he turns to look at me again. "Holy shit." He says as he sits up

"What?" I ask, sitting up with him.

"You just...you just looked creepily alike to Madison for a second." He says, shaking his head.

"Oh..." I awkwardly laugh "Uhm I don't know what to say to that..."

He shakes his head "Sorry maybe I'm going crazy."

"No no, you aren't. Your mind is just all over the place." I reassure him.

He nods his head "Yeah, yeah...you're right."

I nod and smile before laying down again "Now, let's just lay here." I pat down next to me and he lays down.

He looks at me again but this time I don't look away. I never really studied his features that much and now's a good chance to—so I do. And this man right here is so beautiful.

"Angel..." He begins

"Yeah?"

"Will you go on a date with me?"

My heart stops. what?

"What?"

He sits up again and so do I. "Please, Angel. I promise you, you won't regret it."

I blush "You said the same thing about getting to know you."

"And look where we are now." He grins

I look in my lap for a few moments, trying to debate whether I should go through with this or not. So far, Mattheo is a really sweet guy, he's a gentleman, he's very handsome, he's nice, and he likes me. The only con is that he's a Riddle—he has the blood of Voldemort.

I look up from my lap and meet eyes with Mattheo. He's staring at me with a smile and his eyes are full of adoration and I can't help but blush. "Yes," I say

"Yes?" He repeats "You'll go on a date with me?"

"Yes, I will go on a date with you."