𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮 𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣, 𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙙𝙖𝙮

It's the next day. The day of the second task. This one is rumored to be more dangerous than the last, and that makes my stomach churn. Some kind of eerie feeling in the pit of my stomach, swirling around, making me nauseous. My brother, Mattheo, and all of the other members of the Triwizard tournament were told to go to the headmaster's office in preparation for the task. Somehow this makes me feel even worse. I also can't find Lilly, which is making me feel even worse.

I'm walking down to the library, hoping to put my mind at ease before the task begins. I know I could be overreacting; no I'm not, this is so dangerous. More than it was before. if Lilly's vision is correct then we are absolutely fucked. How are we supposed to get rid of He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named? If Madison isn't really Madison does this mean the dark lord killed my mother? Was he the man smiling in the corner? Is he why I only remember horrific flashes of the night my mother was murdered? I can't help but have all of these questions, the main one being why. Why? What was my mother hiding? What secrets was she hiding? Why did she have so many unsolved mysteries of herself that she left her children to solve?  

Before I make it to the library I get stopped by Professor Snape. Which is quite unusual—I never really talk to Snape. In potions I'm quite a good student, I do my work, stay quiet, and stay out of his way. So it's unusual for him to be talking to me, especially in the middle of the corridor. "Hey professor, do you need anything?" I ask as politely as I can muster.

He nods "I need you to go to the headmaster's office immediately."

What could  Dumbledore possibly want from me? Did I do something wrong? Does he know? How could he know? If he does know, I don't know what we would do. It could ruin our plan—well I'm not sure if our plan is still in motion. It could be; no it is incredibly dangerous. We could die. And I will do anything in my power to keep my friends, and my family, safe.

I nod and put on a soft smile "Thank you for letting me know professor, I'll head over now. If I may ask, do you know why I'm needed?"

He looks me up and down. I can't tell if it's annoyance, hatred, confusion, or what, but he doesn't reply. He simply walks away. Leaving me standing in the middle of the corridor, alone.

I stand there for a couple of minutes, thinking through all of the possibilities of why I'm being called to the headmaster's office. But, none of them make enough sense. Did I do something wrong?

I shake my head, trying to get my thoughts out of my head, failing miserably. I blow out a breath and start heading to Dumbledore. Hopefully, this doesn't take too long, I wanna get to be in the front while the task takes place, I need to make sure nothing bad happens. And, if something does I want to be able to stop it.

Even though I'd have no clue how I would stop it—if I even could. I'd try my best, I have to. I couldn't save my mother. I watched her die—yet I can't remember that night. I will not let history repeat itself.

I get to the two large brown wooden doors that hides Dumbledore's giant office. I hesitate to knock, scared of what he'll tell me. But, I push all of my fear deep inside my mind and loudly knock. I hear the old man's loud rustic voice shout "Come in!"

My hand rests around the doorknob. Once again, I stand there for what feels like forever before the door opens, and I almost falling flat on my face. I stumble but Mattheo holds me up. "Mattheo?" My brows furrow as my hands wrap around his arms, balancing myself.

"What are you doing here?" He questions in a whisper. I shrug and peer over his shoulder to see the other participants—including Cedric. I see Dumbledore, McGonagall, and somehow Snape got here before me. I also see Lilly and a few other students whose names I don't remember. "I've been asking myself the same thing," I say softly, clearing my throat before quickly letting go of him. I stand straight before walking into the office.