𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧, 𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙚𝙡

It's the next morning and I'm currently walking to class with Pansy, Lily, and Elyisa. Ely doesn't have class with Lily and me because 1st lesson on potions is only Hufflepuff and Slytherin and Ely is a Ravenclaw—she's our pretty little smart girlie. I love her.

"So how was your guys' first night?" Ely asks

I shrug "It was alright. Could've been better you know if Riddle isn't now in our group."

Lily smiles "Thank me later."

Ely laughs along with Lily as I playfully roll my eyes. We eventually get to class and Lily and I part ways with Ely as we walk into the Potions classroom. Snape greets us as usual and tells us our assigned seats. Every year Lily and I never sit together because Snape has this rule where two students of the same house can't sit with each other, he says we need to learn how to get along with other personalities. I think it's a bunch of bs.

I sit in the very last row—in the top left. I smile to myself once I realize that I don't really have to pay all that much attention because I don't sit in the front. I reach my seat and sit, I quietly get all my supplies out and start to sketch as I wait for class to start.

The bell rings and no one has sat down next to me, thank god. Class starts and Snape does his usual first-day introductions, rules, supply list, and lectures. So I'm basically free for the next hour or so.

As 10 minutes pass the door flies open and in walks Riddle. Great, just great. I start to look around and realize there is no other open seat besides next to me. "You've got to be shitting me," I mumble under my breath.

Snape looks Riddle up and down and crosses his robes around his torso as he crosses his arms. "You're late Mr. Riddle."

"I'm aware of that." He replies, rolling his eyes. "I can tell time."

Snape narrows his eyes at him "You're next to Diggory."

"And who might that be?"

Snape stares at him for a moment "Top left."

Riddle looks over and we meet eyes. His blank expression turns into a cheeky grin as he makes his way to me. I quickly look down at my desk as he sits down. "And we meet again." He whispers to me.

I don't reply as I focus on my drawings. I can feel his hot breath on my neck as he looks at my peace of parchment "You draw?" He asks

I once again don't reply. "You're not much of a talker huh?"

I let out a breath "Leave me alone."

He lifts a brow "Hmmm no...that doesn't sound fun."

I focus my eyes on the chalkboard as Snape writes down potion recipes. I started to write them down—even though I did this last year. I need to do something before I explode.

"Mind if I ask why you hate me so much? I mean I know my father too, but" He pauses and shrugs before whispering "I'm not really sure you should be scared."

I look at him for a moment—thinking of yelling at him. But, I decide not to and continue writing. He cracks a smile as he speaks "Angel, please just get to know me, I promise it'll be worth it."

I laugh and shake my head "You're the devil." I pause and meet eyes with him "And I can't get caught up in your chaos."

I look away again but I feel his eyes burning into my head. He leans closer to me, his lips softly brushing against my ear "Sure."

My breath hitches and he moves away, taking out his quill and parchment. I turn my head slightly to look at him before quickly looking away.

☆彡

Classes have finished and I'm hanging out with Lily in an empty corridor. "Soooo..I saw you and Mattheo in potions" She smiles

I groan and cover my face with my hands "God don't remind me"

"So what did he say to you?!" She asks excitedly.

"He said 'Angel please just get to know me, I promise it'll be worth it.' I literally want to die. Who does he even think he is? And then he said 'Why do you hate me so much?' oh I don't know maybe because my mom is dead because of his dad's workers."

Lily's smile fades "Oh come on Rory...he probably doesn't even know about any of that...and it's not his fault. But OH MY GOD he called you Angel that's adorable."

I shake my head "No."

She sighs "He's right though, get to know him."

I shrug "I told Cedric I wouldn't. He said he trusts that I won't. I can't betray him like that. Or even my dad."

She groans "Ugh. Your brother is ruining my beautiful plan. You two will be the most beautiful couple at Hogwarts."

I playfully roll my eyes "No.."

She smiles "Yes!"

I was about to reply but our conversation gets interrupted by the rest of our friends joining us, including Riddle and Theodore.

"Hi hi hi," Pansy says, wrapping her arms around Lily and I. Lily and I giggle and say hi back. Ely makes her way towards us and all the girls do a small group hug—all of us smiling.

The boys sit down against the wall "So I see Theodore said yes?" I question, letting go of the girls.

Draco nods "Yup, and I feel so much better knowing I'm not the only guy. You girls are exhausting sometimes."

All four of us gasp "Oh no no no!" Pansy says as she holds a hand to her heart. "Not us!"

We all laugh—including the boys. We sit down as well and we start to lean on each other. Meaning—my head is lying on Lily's lap, Lily's head is resting against Pansy's shoulder and Pansy's legs are spread across Ely's thighs. The boys are doing their own thing.

"So how was everyone's first day," Theodore asks

As soon as the question gets out Mattheo looks at me—we meet eyes. Our eyes stay connected for what feels like forever. And I can't seem to look away.