𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚, 𝙥𝙞𝙣𝙠𝙮 𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙢𝙞𝙨𝙚

I turn around and see Riddle standing there. I open my mouth to speak but I can't get anything out. "Cat got your tongue?" He questions, a smirk spreading across his lips.

Draco clears his throat "She was going to say that we are inviting you to our group."

He lifts a brow "Group?" He laughs a little "What does that even mean?"

Pansy sighs "Isn't it obvious? A friend group."

"Oh, you're those types of people. Draco I didn't know you only hang out with girls." He wraps his arm around Draco's shoulders "Draco's getting girls."

Draco sighs "No it's not like they, they are actually not that bad."

He lifts a brow "Yeah, I doubt it. I'll pass."

Draco groans "Oh come on, I'm the only guy here and it's exhausting."

Pansy sighs "Quit your whining." She turns to face me "Rory—" She gets cut off by Riddle.

"Rory." He repeats "Pretty name..but I think Angel suits you better, don't you think?"

I try to speak—try to say something but once again nothing comes out. Lily is the one who talks for me "No. Actually, it's Aurora to you. Until you get to know her better because you are in this group, whether you like it or not." She crosses her arms and has a firm expression written all over her face.

"Lily!" I grit

He smirks "You bunch of girls seem pretty demanding."

"Demanding is an understatement." Draco mumbles

Pansy nudges Draco's arm with her elbow. "We are also inviting Theodore," Pansy informs

Riddle nods and his eyes meet mine. "Alright."

Lily smiles "So you're in?"

"Yeah, I guess so."

All my friends smile, laugh, and nod at our new member. All except me. I don't understand how I'm the only one who finds a problem with him. He has secrets, I just know it. And as much as I want to find out what they are I can't. I have to stay away from him. No matter what.

☆彡

It's been a couple of hours and I'm currently sitting in the Hufflepuff common room with Lily. "Hey...look I'm sorry I know you didn't want this but you have to trust me with this one." she softly says

I turn to face her and smile "It's okay...I just..."

Lily hugs me "I know...I know. But Mattheo is different...I just know it."

How my mom died is something I never want to remember. But, she was murdered. By a former death eater. I guess it's why I'm so against Riddle.

"Lily...I don't trust him."

She smiles and leans her head on my shoulder "I know..but you trust me right?"

I softly smile "Yeah..I do."

"Then that's what matters. Just trust me with this."

I give her a look "Please tell me you aren't playing matchmaker again."

A cheeky grin grows on her lips "I can feel it! I have a gift and you know it."

I sigh. "But..Mattheo Riddle...and me? No."

She groans "Listen. I was right about Blaise Zabini and Luna Lovegood, they are still together to this day and it's been what...5 years?"

I shake my head "I'm not..the dating type."

"How do you even know? You've never had a boyfriend..you haven't even been on a date before!"

I sigh "I feel it in my bones."

We laugh and fall off the couch "Owww" I giggle.

I hear a throat clear "Well this is interesting..." I look up and see Cedric standing there.

"Oh..hi," I mumble. I've been dreading seeing Cedric. I'm still angry at him for deciding to participate in the Triwizard tournament. It's so dangerous, and I can't lose him too.

"We" He points to me then himself "Need to talk. Asap."

I sigh and turn to Lily—she nods and we both get up off the floor. "Yeah yeah," I mumble.

I walk away from Lily, waving and blowing her a kiss. Once Cedric and I are alone he immediately begins to speak "What the hell did I tell you?"

I cross my arms "What are you talking about?"

"Mattheo. Why did I just find out that he's now in your 'group' I told you to stay away from him."

"Why do you even care?" I ask, shaking my head.

He blows out a breath "Do you want to die? Just like mom did? Because quite frankly that is exactly where you're headed."

I stay silent. "Aurora."

I look away from him "Stop bringing her up."

"You leave me no choice."

I finally make eye contact "Well what about you huh? You joining this shitty tournament. You can die."

He angrily sighs "I turn 18 in a month. I'm practically an adult and you just turned 16 a week ago. This is not the same, especially when this guy is the son of Voldemort."

"Don't say his name."

"What, Voldemort? Grow up."

I shake my head "You are unbelievable."

"Don't talk to him."

I scoff "I'm not listening to you."

Cedric narrows his eyes at me "Aurora Louise.."

"No. I'm tired of being treated like a little kid, I can handle myself."

"But you are a little kid." He sighs softly looking up as he blows out a breath "You're my baby sister."

I stay silent "I'm grown up Ceddie. You have to come to terms with that. I'll be okay."

"No. I promised..." He pauses and takes a breath "I promised Mom I will always take care of you. Especially since dad is not...not okay."

I shake my head and wrap my arms around my body. "Fine. I trust you. But I swear to Merlin if he ever touches you I will—"

I cut him off "I know, I know." I softly smile and he opens his arms. I hug him tightly "I hate when we fight" He whispers

"Me too...me too."

We pull apart and Cedric smiles "Okay...I'm also still doing the Triwizard tournament."

I sigh "Just be..careful. And promise me you will be okay. And make it out of there alive."

He smiles "I pinky promise." He holds out his pinky and I intertwine our pinkies together.

"Pinky promise.." I whisper