𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮 𝙩𝙬𝙤, 𝙢𝙤𝙢𝙢𝙮 𝙙𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙩

Cedric and I are in the Hufflepuff common room. Arguing. We've never argued this badly before, and I don't think we can ever forget about it. "You are so unbelievably exhausting. All you do is talk out of your ass and do whatever you want." Cedric yells, crossing his arms.

"Oh really? Says you. All you do is order me around as if I'm a dog. I don't need your help, I don't need your info on my life, I don't need your opinion, I don't need you." I regret it the minute I say it. I do need him. Shit, I need him more than anything. He's my brother, my life.

His expression falters and I swear I see tears forming in his ember eyes. "Rory..." He begins "Get out."

My eyes widen "What?"

"I said get out." His voice is calm. Soft. And it's honestly scaring me. I shouldn't have said that. I'm just angry, I'm sad, I'm confused. I don't know what I'm thinking.

"Cedric I didn't—"

"Aurora leave the common room before I say something I'll regret." His voice turns a bit more bitter than last time, but I don't try to argue anymore. I know I'm in the wrong. I just wish I could go back in time. Change everything that has happened today. Everything that has happened since my mother died.

I nod, rolling my tongue on the inside of my cheek. "I'm sorry," I whisper before walking up to my dorm. Lilly is in there, after Cedric and I started arguing in the great hall she whispered she'd be in our dorm, she wanted no part in the argument. Which is understandable.

I unlock the door and the minute Lilly meets my eyes I start to cry. This entire day I've been trying not to cry and now that I am, I'm afraid I might not be able to stop. Lilly rushes to me "Oh god Rory what happened?"

I shake my head "I said something—I shouldn't have said it. He probably hates me."

Lilly wraps her arms tightly around me as we both sit on her bed. Tears pool out of my eyes as she stays silent for a few minutes. "He can never hate you. You're his little sister. You guys always argue, this can't be any different."

"No—it is. We never argued like this before. I told him I didn't need him. But I do. Lillian, I can't believe I said that."

She shakes her head "You were angry. You were sad Aurora. You are sad. He would understand that. Out of everyone, he would understand. You guys have been through a lot. I'm not saying his behavior is right, but he's just worried about you."

I nod "You're right." I start to sob. "You're right. I'm such a bad sister. He's just worried about me. He loved Mom so much, we both did. He's hurting and I—"

Lilly cuts me off "That's not what I was saying at all. You are an amazing sister. Cedric is just overprotective because he loves you. He feels like he has to take care of you in honor of your mom. You are just like every girl our age, we wanna go to parties, kiss boys, and be girls. He's just afraid. He knows you're growing up and it makes me angry in a way."

I let her words sink in and eventually, my tears dry up on my cheeks. "You'll be okay. You and him have been through hell and back together. And you'll stick together, no matter how bumpy the ride is."

I smile softly "Thank you, Lilly. For everything. I don't know what I'd do without you."

She smiles and kisses me on the cheek "You wouldn't survive."

I giggle and lay my head on her shoulder "Let's make a promise, no more secrets. We tell each other anything and everything. No matter what." I say.

She lifts a brow "Does our promise interfere with yours and Mattheos?"