𝙚𝙡𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣, 𝙡𝙞𝙖𝙧

It's been a couple of hours and I'm currently laying down in the hospital wing. I had a really bad panic attack and ended up passing out according to the nurse and Mattheo.

Mattheo and I never finished our conversation earlier but ever since I've woken up I cannot stop thinking about the night my mother was murdered.

I feel like this might have something to do with what's happening to Mattheo. I'm not sure since I can only remember small details but that man—that man was there for a reason, my mother got murdered for a reason. I need to know why.

I get snapped out of my thoughts by the hospital wing doors opening and in walks Lily. "Oh my god, I've been so worried they wouldn't let me see you until now." She says as she engulfs me in a hug.

"I'm okay, just a panic attack" I explain

She nods "I'm so sorry I should've come with you—maybe you were right you should stay away from Mattheo. This isn't good for you."

I lift a brow "What?"

"Mattheo left the group...he said that he can't be near you."

"He said what?"

"I'm sorry I know you guys were sorta talking."

"no no, it's fine..." I'm so confused, why the hell would he say that? Unless he's just trying to keep the lie going but that's just ridiculous.

I smile at Lily "Did the nurse clear me to leave?"

"Yes, she did." she happily answers "Let's go!"

I nod and get out of bed, walking with Lily out of the hospital wing. "So what did you and Mattheo even talk about that made you have a panic attack?" Lily asks

"My mom," I mumble quietly

"What about her?"

"The day she was murdered...Lillian, I think something way more in-depth and serious is going on than we think."

Her eyes widen as she stops walking "What do you mean?"

"Like I think my mom's death has something to do with Mattheo's name being put in the Goblet."

"Seriously? Why do you think that?"

"You know that man that I told you about? The one that was..there." I whisper

"You think he's involved"

I nod "Yeah...I just have no clue who that man is."

Lily shrugs "You don't think it could be...He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named do you?"She whispers

My eyes widen "No! I mean...could it be?"

☆彡

I'm now at Mattheo's dorm, banging my fists on his door. He finally opens it and when I see him my heart immediately drops. His eyes are really red and puffy, the cut on his nose is bleeding, his hair is a mess, and when I look into his dorm there are things broken and thrown everywhere. "Mattheo...what happened..?"

He takes a breath, tries to speak, fails, and starts to cry. oh my god.

I immediately wrap my arms around his torso "It's okay, whatever it is it'll be okay, I promise you."

"She's alive." He finally mumbles

"Who?"

"The girl I told you about, my best friend...she's alive."

"Mattheo that's not possible...don't cry.."

He gently pushes me off him "I'm so sorry." He whispers

"For what?" I ask, my voice low and soft, trying to get him to talk.

"Everything I'm about to do." He breathes deeply and shakes his head "I...I think I finally figured you out."

I stay silent for a few seconds "And what is your conclusion on me then?"

"You and your family aren't who you say you are."

I furrow my eyebrows "Mattheo are you on something..? Are you okay?"

He laughs. He lets out a full-on laugh. "You are so pretty yet awful. Y-you....god."

"Mattheo what are you talking about..?"

"She said she was there the night your mom was murdered. That you've been lying this entire time. You killed her Angel, you killed your own mom."

I feel tears form in my eyes "What...Mattheo what are you talking about? I—I didn't—why would I..." I stop talking as my mind starts trying to put pieces together, what if he's right..? I don't remember anything about that night, for all I know I could've killed her myself.

No. I'm not that person. I would never murder anyone especially my own mother, the one person that mattered to me most.

"Who told you that?"

"Madison..." He whispers "She..She's so beautiful."

I feel my heart shatter "Mattheo is Madison your best friend...? Mattheo she's dead I'm sorry.."

He shakes his head and paces around the room "IM NOT CRAZY!" He screams

I'm scared. Really scared. "Mattheo she's dead..remember. You told me all about it..."

"No! She's alive. She was right here." He points to a corner and slowly falls to the floor "She was there.."

I sigh and give in to what he's saying "Fine...what did she say?"

"That you are a bad person. That Aurora Louise Diggory murdered her own mother. That you are a liar."

I feel tears pour down my cheeks but I don't make a sound, I'm scared to make a sound. "I'm not allowed to talk to you...or to be near you." He says, "Maddie says that there will be consequences if I disobey."

"That's not...Mattheo...we need to get you to the hospital wing and Dumbledore."

He laughs "You should go. Maddie is very angry and you don't wanna see her when she's angry."

I stare at him. What the fuck is going on? "Mattheo you need to snap out of it! The task is in 2 days."

He shrugs "Okay? I'm going to die anyway."

"No, you aren't."

"Yes, I am. Maddie says that I have to. That I'm gonna save my father."

I start to sob and I quickly walk out of Mattheo's dorm and go to mine. I fall onto my bed as sobs escape my lips. My mind is too powerful right now, my mind is flickering with fear and anxiety of the things that Mattheo said. Could I have really killed my own mother?

Is Mattheo okay? What happened to him while I was in the Hospital wing? All I know is that this is way worse than anyone ever could've imagined.

And I need to fix it.