𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙚, 𝙬𝙝𝙤'𝙨 𝙩𝙤 𝙗𝙡𝙖𝙢𝙚?

I ended up believing Mattheo in the end. He had this look on his face that just told me that he was telling the truth, I couldn't stand seeing him so...so scared and sad. I never would've thought I'd see that from him and to be honest, it scared me. Because this means something serious is going on, and it's not just about the Triwizard tournament.

So now, I'm on my way to my dorm to tell Lily everything. And I mean everything. About me and Mattheo getting to know each other and how we are friends, and I'm gonna tell her about Mattheo and the Triwizard tournament.

I walk in and see Lily painting her nails, "Hi Lily." I say

She looks up and smiles "Hey, where have you been?"

"The astronomy tower...with Mattheo." A smirk forms on her lips as she closes her nail polish. "I knew it! I told you, but you never listen to me now do you?"

I sigh "I do and I agreed at the party to get to know him, and now we are somewhat friends."

She lifts a brow "Just friends?"

"We just met."

"Uhm love at first sight, duh."

I roll my eyes "But I have to talk to you, about something important—it's the thing I was talking about with Mattheo just now."

She nods and sits up "I'm listening."

"Mattheo never put his name in the Goblet of Fire."

She laughs "That's a lie, how else did he get picked?"

I shrug "I believe him."

Her eyes widen "You do?!"

"Yeah I mean he had this....look on his face and it was just...I don't know. I just know he's telling the truth."

"Well, how do we even know this is a bad thing, what if it was just someone playing a joke..?" Lily tends to look at the positives of situations and tries to make any bad things seem fine. It's not healthy.

"It is bad. Lillian Mattheo was scared. He was scared and that is also scary. He doesn't get scared easily so something bad is obviously happening we just don't know what."

Lily sighs "Then who's to blame?"

I shrug and think for a few minutes, trying to think of someone who could maybe do this. Eventually, I give up "I have no fucking idea."

"Well.." Lily begins "It has to be someone over seventeen right? And they obviously have to attend Hogwarts."

I nod "I mean yeah, I just don't think they would have to attend I mean it'll be pretty damn difficult to get into here without someone knowing but you really think a student or professor would do this?"

"Maybe, didn't you say before how Dumbledore would never let a Riddle attend Hogwarts? What if this is his way of getting rid of the only Riddle left."

I roll my eyes "Lily that's just ridiculous, plus he's not the last one. He has an older sister named Violet, I've met her."

Lily's eyes widen and she smiles "So...you're meeting his family now huh?"

"It's not like that! I swear. She came into his dorm while I was in there, she came to drop some stuff Mattheo left at home."

Lily nods her head "Alright, alright I believe you..to an extent. You totally are crushing on him."

I shake my head but feel my cheeks heat up. "No. I'm not."

"Okay..you keep telling yourself that."

I sigh and change the subject "Maybe we should just go to bed, rest on it you know?"

She nods "Yeah that's a good idea."

☆彡

It's the next morning, I'm already ready and I'm in front of Mattheo's dorm, about to knock. I still haven't come up with anyone who could've possibly done this so I'm hoping Mattheo did.

I finally knock and after a couple minutes, the door opens. I see Mattheo and I want to scream into my pillow. You can tell he just got out of bed by his messy hair, he's in sweatpants, and no shirt. "Good morning Angel." He says, his voice raspy from waking up.

"good..morning. I'm sorry did I wake you up?"

He smiles at me and shrugs "It's okay, I don't mind."

"Are you sure?"

He nods "Yeah, yeah come in."

I softly smile at him and walk in, he closes the door behind me and walks over to sit on his bed. "Okay so I've been trying to think of who's to blame for this situation and I cannot think of anyone."

He watches me as I talk with eyes that I don't know how to explain and once I finish he crosses his arms "You know...you really don't have to help me like this, it's my problem."

I scoff "Uhm no. Are you crazy? This is even more dangerous and insane than before. This is not just some tournament anymore. Someone wants you to participate for a reason."

He smiles at me "You care?"

"I don't care I just..."

He laughs "You care."

I roll my eyes "You're my friend, aren't you? Friends care about each other."

His smile fades slowly "Right."

Did I say something wrong? "Are you okay, did I say something..?"

"No no no no, I'm just stressed." He insists

I nod "Okay...so you have no idea who it could be?"

He shrugs "I have a few but they are quite unrealistic."

"Who?"

He takes a deep breath, "My father, Dumbledore, Harry Potter, and...your brother."

I furrow my eyebrows "What?"

He gets up and walks over to me, "Listen I really didn't wanna think about it I didn't want to believe that your brother could be a suspect but...it makes sense."

I scoff "How?"

"Because you told me your mom got...killed by a death eater—one of my father's workers. He has every right."

"But, he is also a participant. And he keeps saying how there's no chance of anything bad happening."

"Okay, then. We still have more suspects."

"What like your dead father?"

"Who said anything about him being dead?"