Chapter 26: The Other Side Of The Sea

4 YEARS LATER AFTER THE LAST EXPEDITION...

3RD PERSON POV

In war there's no winner, only harmed and unharmed, those who survived and those who died.

With the use of the warriors and the what's left of the titan shifters the
four years of war between Marley and the rival nation ended after successfully capturing the fort Slava .

The war costs a lot of casualties between the rival nation and the Marley however the strong majority of the casualties from the Marley is Eldians that serves in the Frontline.

The Sunset shines illuminating the Sea and the battleship wrecks floating beyond near the shore by the aftermath of war.

The town near the shore is slight devastated, evidently by the house that's roofless and some are filled with bullet holes and what's left by the explosions.

Zeke entered the room and met the top general and officials of the Marley including the General Calvi and Commander Magath of the warriors division. They are now sitting at the table with cups of coffee and News paper.

There's a brief pause to the meeting to invite Zeke to take a seat before continuing the discussion.

There's also huge broken plane glass window at the room overlooking the town and the shores. The officials are currently at the table that is surrounded by the Marleyan Soldiers leaning their backs against the wall with rifles attached to their sling.

Zeke looked up and realized that there's no ceiling but rather a huge hole created by the shell making the blue cloudy sky visible from above.

"We spent four years on the war over the peninsula's autonomy. To add the two enemy battle ships and two of our main battle Titans ended up in a disgraceful brawl." General Calvi said frowning his eyes. "Human Intelligence finally able to crush Marley's armor into dust."

General Calvi disappointedly dropped the newspaper on the table with the headline of black propaganda about Marley's main weapon(Titan) is getting weaker as the technology progresses.

Zeke's eyes narrowed on to General Calvi's exasperated eyes.

"All other country report it as such, extolling the Mid-East Allied Forces. Can we call this a big victory for the great empire of Marley?" General Calvi added. "Magath, what's the meaning of this?"

"General, I believe the time has come. The time when humanity surpasses the power of the Titan." Magath said placing his arms on the desk. "The power of the Titans has made us complacent, thus we focus on our colonial policy."

"Meantime, other countries developed weapons to oppose us." Commander Magath stood up and sauntered towards the plane glass window to overlook the sea. "Our situation right now is the result of that. Still, our Titan forces should remain unrivaled in ground for the time being. However, if aircraft development continue at this pace." He then walked across back towards his chair. "Bombs will start raining at us someday. When that time comes, Titan which is the Devil of all Earth...could do nothing but look up and watch."

All of the officers look straight up towards the sky through the broken ceiling trying to imagine the scenario by Magath words.

General Calvi rested his chin on his palm. "If only we had a Titan with wings."

Commander Magath sit back on his chair looking at General Calvi. "General I'm saying, that we can no longer rely on--."

"I get it." General Calvi cutting his words off. "In near future, we will lose our military dominance-No we've already fallen behind. Marley were once the heroic nation that defeated the Eldian devils. But now look what we've become."