Chapter 24: Let's Run away and Abandon Everything

3RD PERSON POV

The sky is now dark as the darkness of the night engulfed it. Soon after the darkness then sprinkled with stars illuminating the dark sky.

The vivid flames from the torch and the gust of winds hits their clothes.
Eren's hair and Mikasa's hair sways by the breeze, it's quite cold yet it's somewhat warm for them.

Eren's emerald eyes filled with tears as he stares Mikasa's gray one. He knows everything will change from now on, he doesn't have any regrets about what will happen.

"Eren, what will happen if...." Mikasa's weak voice trailed off. "we abandon everything.." She continued.

"The Eldian people and the Paradis Island will just cease to exist." Eren faintly said.

Eren stood up from the ground at same time grasping Mikasa's hands to help her stand up too.

"You know everyone is the people  from the refugee camp is looking at us right now." Mikasa said.

Eren noticed a hint of blush on Mikasa's face. She's trying to hide it with her hand but it's obvious for Eren.

"Let's run away and abandon everything." Eren said.

Eren intertwined his hand to Mikasa as he narrowed his eyes to the edge of the town. "To somewhere only we know."

"I don't know if I have the resolve to run away Eren." Mikasa faintly said. She then unclasped her hand from Eren's grip. "Sasha, Hanji, Armin... Our friends, they will probably lose their minds if we abandon everything.."

Mikasa shook her head. "Eren... Don't we have another way?"

Mikasa's words echoes to Eren's mind.
"Mikasa come with me, let's leave this place for now, I will tell you everything, it's pointless trying to hide you what I know."

Mikasa's jaw gape wondering what else Eren is hiding from her.

"Tell me--"

Mikasa's words were interrupted when out of a sudden Eren grasp her hand and star running, pulling her with him.

Mikasa's gray eyes were surprised. "Eren where a we going?"

"To somewhere only we know, for now.." Eren said giving her glance from behind.

Seeing Mikasa's beautiful face and blushing cheeks melted his heart. He then proceeded bring her in streets, away from the camp.

Without questioning, Mikasa gracefully let Eren pull her, without knowing where to go she let Eren lead her. Passing through the tight crowd and busy streets, despite people looking at them. They're now gathering the attention of the crowds by their actions but Mikasa's eyes is only fixated at Eren.

After passing countless streets and alleyways, they found themselves on the balcony  overlooking the ocean.

The place is abandoned and no one is here except for the both of them.

The black metal railings are carved with Marleyan symbols, there's also a lamp at the both ends of the balcony however the light is just dim, but quite enough to lit Mikasa's pale face.

The skies are dark and there are no stars to be seen, only the glimpse of light from the moon behind the dark clouds.

Eren lead Mikasa to the railing and below them are the main street where they went when they arrived.  Only a few people can be seen because it's almost midnight.

Eren leaned forward on the railings, gazing at the oceans. He sighed.

Mikasa walked towards Eren side.
"Eren, I have a lot of questions to ask, but I can wait, I understand your pain."