7.

Oh my god you guys!!!!😭 Our story has 1k views now and it's just been a week!!!!
I can't thankyou enough! It's my first work ever and I'm so overwhelmed by this response.
Aise hi jldi updates chahiye toh pyaar dikhao and hit that star button🥹

Precap

'Bete I know you got your degree in fashion designing from Boston and also if I am not wrong you did some internship under a famous fashion designer,The Lorenzo Mikaelson, right? However now that you're going to be our daughter-in-law, I want you to stop working for anyone.'

Author's POV

Noor's face turned pale upon hearing her words. Seeing this Nandini laughed and everyone got more confused.

"Nandini! Grow up wifey. Look you got my daughter all worried. Relax Noor, she's kidding. We want you to start your line here in Udaipur. You are the to-be daughter-in-law and future queen of Rajasthan. " Rudra said.

Noor's face remained unchanged which was noticed by everyone. It was not Nandini's prank which took her off-guard but something else.
She realised that everyone was waiting for her reaction and quickly changed her frown to an upside smile.
"Uhh- Aunty you scared me. Hehehe" she managed to say with her ultimate fake smile.

"Noor! Don't you dare call me Aunty. Call me Maa now." Nandini said and Noor just nodded with a smiling half pale face.

They all decided to meet up tomorrow to decide the attire and theme for the engagement. Noor just nodded to whatever they decided and couldn't say a word. Soon Chauhans took their leave and Noor ran to her room.

She couldn't breathe. She felt herself getting choked. Choked by inhaling. Choked by exhaling. She could only see his face. Hear his laugh.

Internship.
Boston.
My scar.

'My little bird.'
'You're caged'
'You're mine. Mine to touch. Mine to cage. Mine to fuck'

She was having a panic attack. She was getting all her flashbacks.
She fell on her bathroom floor and closed her eyes, She brought up her legs near her chest and folded herself scratching her nails on her arms.

"No don't touch me. No no....please stop...please. I beg you, Lorenzo. Please no-"

"Noor! Baby look, Noor look Vanie is here." Vanie came inside her bathroom hearing her screams.
"Noor sweetheart he isn't here. Babe look your Vanie is here. She'll save you. Open your eyes Noor! Look you're safe. He isn't here." Vanie said shaking Noor's whole body to bring her back from her attack.

"Good girl, now take deep breaths. Inhale..... exhale. Good, you're safe Noor."

Vanie hugged Noor trying to hold back her own tears. She has been handling Noor's attack since last year. As much as she gets scared seeing her best friend like this, she knows how to calm her down.
Noor's breathing finally became normal and Vanie took her back to bed.

"Noor. First of all relax. I'll call up your therapist soon. He's in Boston and we cannot call him right now, he might be sleeping. Now be a good girl and write down in your journal. Just like you used to do remember? It'll ease you. Come on."

Vanie handed Noor her diary and a pen and sat down on the floor while Noor wrote down.

'Dear diary,

It's been 3 months since my last attack. I was happy making progress. But today I'm back to square one, I got my panic attack again. It was worse than the past ones. I could feel myself choking on oxygen.
Only I know how I survived the rest of the conversation after Nandini Aunty reminded me of my internship.
I've not told a single soul except Vanie and my therapist. Neither I'm planning to. It'll be the same as always. Everyone will blame me. It's always the girls' fault.

I'm okay. I'm okay. I'm okay. I'm okay. I'm okay. I'm okay. I'm okay. I'm okay. I'm okay.'

Noor calmed down after writing her feelings
down on paper. Her therapist suggested her to journal everything down, whatever she felt to help her compose herself.
"Alright now, sleep peacefully. No one can come near when you have me and look now Abhiman is also part of your life. He'll save his queen and see I'm right here. I won't go anywhere."
Vanie said tucking Noor inside her comforter and placing the diary on sidetable. She sat down next to Noor until she drifted to sleep.

At Abhiman's Office

'Is she seriously that dumb? I told her not to still she chose this hellhole. I'm sure she has a motto. Or else why would someone accept this shit. I clearly told her that I'll never accept her as my wife. Then why would she-" Abhiman was in deep thought when suddenly Jayveer entered in his office and handed over him a file and said
"Hukum,the file you asked for just arrived. All the information of Noor Kapoor is in this file."

"Thankyou. Now you may leave." Abhiman said and read the file carefully.

'Seriously? Not even one case or one complaint? How is she so clean? It's impossible. No charges. No black remark.'
Abhiman thought eyeing her file properly.

'Come on Noor! Not even one boyfriend? But she's so pretty! And her eyes can make anyone weak in their knees. What has happened to this generation's guys? She is a biker girl, people!!... what more do these boys want? Or do they not appreciate beauty anymore? Huh! Whatever, good for me.' Abhiman realised what he was thinking.

'Fuck Abhiman. You're fucked. You are not supposed to think all this. And damn! This girl is a goddess. She doesn't deserve a monster like you. She doesn't deserve someone as dark as you. My life is filled with darkness which will affect her light. I'll stay away from her.' He thought and closed his eyes to clear his mind.

'Don't fall in love again Abhiman. It's a facade. It will bring nothing but pain. And this time she doesn't deserve it'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Abhiman 'The Nalayak' Singh Chauhan is indeed an over-thinker guyss! Give him some time😃. Your author will develop him😉

This chapter is very close to my heart. The way Vanie handled Noor is just so warm. We indeed deserve someone like Vanie in our lives before we find our Abhiman.