Chapter 21: Talk

"Are you sure this is a good idea master?" Shadow asked as she looked at the male in front of her causing King to shrug.

"I don't know, but I believe it's better that she does know compared to not being left in the dark. I believe I've done that to her enough as it is. However, I do not believe she'd like to see me whenever she finds out, so I'd like for you to tell her," King said as he looked at her.

"Then . . . what should I say after that?" Shadow asked as she looked at the male in front of her causing King to shrug in uncertainty.

"Just tell her the truth and let her make her own decision. If she wishes to stay with me then I'd be more than happy for it. If she wishes to leave . . . well then there's nothing I can do. Honestly, if I were in her position I feel as if I may do the same," King said as he looked at the white-haired female in front of him.

"But master if that were to happen would that not make you-" Shadow began only for King to cut her off.

"It doesn't matter how I feel," King said as he looked at her. "This is a decision she needs to make on her own, and my feelings shouldn't influence her choice. So, I ask that you not mention how I feel," King said as he looked at her. Shadow nodded upon hearing this and seemed as if she were going to leave before stopping herself.

"Master, may I . . . speak before I go. I believe I would also . . . like to discuss before I do," Shadow asked as she looked at the male in front of her causing him to nod.

"Of course, feel free to ask me whatever you wish, and I will answer," King said as he looked at the female in front of him.

"In that case, what are you going to do about Emerald?" Shadow asked causing King to shrug.

"I don't believe there's anything I can do. While she did seem to enjoy our time together, it was also one that benefitted her and especially benefited Cinder. While I could be mistaken, I do not believe there are any romantic feelings for me," King said as he looked at Shadow.

"I see . . . and your feelings on the matter?" Shadow asked as she looked at the male.

"I . . . hadn't considered my own feelings on the matter," King answered with honesty. "I suppose, I wouldn't be opposed to either outcome. But if I'm forced into a position where I need to make a choice . . . well . . . I suppose I'll find out when and if the time comes," King said as he looked at her.

"I see . . . a-and if something were to happen . . . and you could only have one of us," Shadow began her cheeks becoming a bit red with embarrassment.

"I think you already know who I'd choose in such a situation," King said as he looked at the female in front of him. When he did Shadow smiled before it slowly began to fade as she thought the situation over more.

"I . . . I suppose you mean Ruby, right?" Shadow asked as she looked at the male. While she wasn't holding out much hope that she was correct in the matter she still had some glimmer in her eyes. King shook his head hearing this and looked at the silver-haired grimm before him.

"If I were forced to choose between the three of you . . . I would undoubtedly choose you," King said as he looked into her crimson-red eyes. When he said this Shadow felt her heart throb violently as she looked at the male before her.

"As you know, I'm not the best at expressing how I feel. But I do wish to convey just how much I value you. While my feelings towards Emerald are yet undetermined, if I were to lose Ruby, I would be devastated. But if I were to lose you . . . I . . . I do not think I'd ever properly recover from such an event," King said as he looked at the female in front of him. If he were being honest, King doubted he'd ever be able to trust anything or anyone ever again if Shadow were to leave and betray him in such a manner.