Chapter 12: Crush

P.O.V. Ruby

I hummed to myself happily as I walked down a small path I had found in the Emerald Forest. I had been given an assignment by Professor Peach, she wanted all the team leaders to go and collect some berries that happened to grow nearby. I wasn't sure why she only wanted the leaders to do it, but I guess it doesn't matter. As long as I get it I think that's all the matters, plus the sooner I get it the sooner I go back to my dorm and start reading my comics.

However, as I was walking I heard some branches cracking and turned to not see anything. However despite the fact that I didn't see anyone I could tell someone was watching me. "Is someone there?" I asked as I reached for my crescent rose. As I did I heard some low growling. "Jaune?" I asked as I looked around hoping that it might have just been some attempt to scare me. However, this turned out not to be the case as two large Beringel with wings ran towards me.

I gasped in surprise seeing this and began shooting at them. My bullets didn't seem to have any effect on them as they shrugged them off fairly easily. One went to punch me and I jumped up landing on its fist and jumping back as it tried to punch me. This sent me into the air and I once again began shooting at them this time aiming for their head. This seemed to be a bit more effective but didn't seem to be doing any major damage.

They both flapped their wings and began flying towards me. I turned and shot to the side so that their attack would miss and transformed my crescent rose into its scythe form. I once again shot it hoping to cut the Beringel's head off and while I was able to hit its neck it seemed like this wasn't enough to sever it. I felt the Beringel grab my crescent rose and throw me and it against one of the trees.

I then heard some footsteps approaching me and turned to see a slightly older male with pale yellow eyes, and long brown hair tied back into a pony-tail and braid to resemble a scorpions tail. I smiled seeing this thinking he was one of the professors that I hadn't met yet, however it seemed as if this wasn't the case as he began attacking me. I tried to block his attacks but he was to fast leaving behind small cuts that I had to use my aura to heal.

I then felt a large and sharp pain in my side and felt myself being thrown through the air. I looked back to see that one of the Beringels had hit me and I once again gasped as I felt myself be sent through a tree, and sliding across the ground before hitting another tree and coming to a stop. I looked up and once again saw the male from before running towards me. I grabbed my crescent rose and jumped up to avoid his attack before firing a shot to sending myself away from the male.

When I landed I looked at him seeing his twitch in an almost unnatural manner. The Beringels then landed behind him and he smiled as he looked at me in a slightly twisted manner. "Who are you?" I asked as I looked at the male. The Beringels seemed ready to attack me hearing this however he raised a hand and they stopped.

"I am just a humble servant of our lovely goddess," The male said as he placed his hands together bowing slightly. I was more than confused hearing this and tried to ignore his rather creepy answer.

"Why are you doing this?" I asked as I looked at him.

"Why?" He asked as he looked at before chuckling however this chuckle quickly escalated into a burst of insane laughter as he looked at me. Without answering me he glared at me and began to dash forward once again attacking me. This time the Beringel seemed to stay in the same place however like before he was just to fast eventually turning tripping me with his tail and kicking me in the stomach sending me into a tree.

I once again got up and looked at the male that was still chuckling. "I'm doing this because you have the potential to be a thorn in our queen's side," Tyrian said as he looked at me. I was a bit concerned hearing this and shot my crescent rose to send me towards him. I was hoping to catch him off guard however it seemed like this didn't work as he ducked under my attack and grabbed one of my legs twisting it to leave behind two large and deep cuts on it.