Chapter 3: Follower

P.O.V. Third

King smiled as he looked at the creature in front of him. "Sure," King said as he looked at the creature. He already knew he could defeat the creature so he knew he wouldn't have trouble keeping it in line if it ever decided to test him for whatever reason.

"After all you're a rather unique grimm. There aren't a lot of you around so having you under my control could prove useful. We just need to get one thing straight," King said as he held up a finger to indicate his condition.

"I'm in charge, that means, unless I tell you to do something you don't do it. That means even if I'm getting attacked unless I tell you to intervene you don't help. You act only when I give an order, understand?" King said as he looked at the creature in front of him.

Like before a few moments of silence passed before as if Shadow were thinking about what King was saying before he nodded. King smiled hearing this and looked at the taller creature in front of him. "Good, glad we got that straight," King said as he looked at the creature in front of him.

The creature then stepped forward so that it was on King's shadow before it began to melt into the ground. When it did King smiled and looked at his shadow for a moment. "I guess you shadowing me could be useful," King said as he looked at the creature.

King then felt something near by and sighed as he went to go see what the new disturbance is. King continued walking in the direction after a few minutes King came across a female that looked to be almost ten years older than him. She had long white hair that was down to her waist and deep crimson eyes. "What are you doing here?" King asked as he looked at the female.

"Are you seriously asking that after what you did? I'm Zalina and I'm a huntress from Atlas! After what you did, you didn't really expect for us to just forget about you did you?" The female asked as she looked at the male in front of her. The female then drew her weapon and stared at the male ready to battle. King sighed in annoyance as he looked at the female.

"Because I'm in a good mood, I'll give you a special offer," King said with a slight smile. "If you apologize for coming here, then I'll let you leave. No strings attached," King said as he looked at the female. When he said this the female took a stance and looked at the male.

"As if I'd take any offer you make me," The female said as she looked at King.

"That's a no? Oh well, that's to bad," King said as he looked at the female. Hearing this the female dashed towards the male and went to swing at him however when she did she felt a deep cut in her shoulder. When she looked she saw a massive would that started at the top of her breast and went up to her shoulder. The female fell to her knees when she saw this and looked at the male in front of her to see that one of his hands seemed more grimm-like than before.

"You damn freak," The female said as she looked at the male. King gritted his teeth hearing this remembering all the times he had been called that on the island he had escaped from. The female's would then suddenly burst into flames and she let out a loud scream as it began to consume her. Feeling this new pain the female quickly began to think of something she could do to escape.

She didn't need to win now, she had found where the male was. All she needed to do now was escape tell Ironwood where the male was hiding. Remembering the male's offer before they had started fighting Zalina then began to strain her voice to speak as the flames slowly engulfed her quickly burning through both her aura and her flesh. The female then began to wheeze as she felt her body slowly start to turn to ash.

"I," The female managed to get out as King walked up to the female and looked up at her. "I'm . . . sorry!" The female said hoping the male would now spare her.