Chapter 2: Trial

P.O.V. Third

King nodded hearing this and waited for where his mother planned on sending him. "I want you to go to Atlas," Salem said as she looked at the two in front of her. King nodded hearing this and watched as his mother reached into a pocket and pulled out two photos. 

"I want you to kill either of them, I don't care which as long as one of them is killed," Salem said as she looked at the male in front of her. King nodded hearing this and took the two photos to see that they had two very different people on them. 

The first was male with with black hair that had some silver and gray hairs in select areas as well as blue eyes. The second picture was a female with black hair that slowly turned red towards the tips and she had silver eyes. 

"As I said as long as you eliminate one of these two then you've passed your field test," Salem said as she looked at the young child in front of her. 

"Who are they?" King asked as he looked at the two pictures in his hand. 

"The male is James Ironwood, he is the current general of the Atlas military as well as the current headmaster of Atlas Academy. Bringing him down would certain make moving around the Kingdoms much easier," Salem said as she looked at the male. 

"As for the female well . . . let's just say this little rose has been a thorn in my side for a while now," Salem said as she looked down at the picture. King nodded hearing this and looked up at his mother who once again returned his stare with her usual stoic look. 

"I"ll give the two of until sunset to gather whatever the two of you feel is necessary. After that I want the two of you to leave and return when either of these two are dead," Salem said as she looked at the two in front of her. 

King and Ark both nodded hearing this and began to walk away. As the two left the room King began to walk towards the room that Salem had been letting him stay in and once he arrived began to gather a few materials. 

As he did he heard the door behind him open and turned to see Ark looking at him. "I'm ready," King said as he tossed a small bag on his shoulder. He didn't think he'd need much so he wasn't worried about it at the moment. 

The two then walked out of the building and King suddenly stopped remembering something. "I'll be back in a minute, stay here," King said as he suddenly changed directions and began to walk towards the large crater that he knew the Basilisk was in. 

King then began to scale the large crater and when he reached the bottom he saw that the large creature was still coiled to fit in the crater. "So you've returned," The Basilisk's voice chimed as he looked at the child in front of him. 

"Yeah, but I've got some bad news," King said as he looked at the giant creature causing it's face to turn to one of curiosity. "Mother, has given me a mission and I won't be able to come here for a while," King said as he looked at the giant creature. 

As he said this the creature's expression once again change to one of slight annoyance. "How long will you be gone?" The Basilisk asked as it looked at the male in front of him. 

"I don't know, mother said they were in Atlas so it could be a while," King said as he looked at the creature in front of him. A long silence then passed between the two and the giant serpent looked at King. 

"I will postpone our current agreement so that you may complete your task. However once you once again return you must once again return to our previous agreement of visiting me everyday," The Basilisk said as it looked at King. 

"O-Okay," King said as he looked at the giant creature in front of him holding his arm somewhat nervously. Sensing the obvious distress in his voice the Basilisk lowered his head and looked at the male.