Chapter 13: Savior

P.O.V. Third

King was currently in the middle of a large tent that was in a small camp just outside of Vale. After what he had done for Iris, she had become more persistent about Adam speaking to King. He had reluctantly agreed to the situation allowing him and one other to attend. King of course brought two just to be safe. The first being Ark and the other being Shadow who was currently hiding inside of King's shadow. 

"So, one of my men tell me that you could be useful to our operation. Tell me, just how can you be useful?" Adam asked as he looked at the male in front of him. King shrugged hearing this and looked at the male.

"Depends on what you want really, however I could offer to eliminate a certain . . . fiery thorn in your side," King said as he looked at the male knowing this would get some kind of reaction.

"So you know about her?" Adam asked as he looked at the male.

"Indeed, as you can suspect by my offer. I'm not exactly a fan of hers either. Of course you of all people should know not to expect something for nothing," King said as he looked at the male in front of him.

"I see, so what is it you would want in return for your help?" Adam asked as he looked at the male in front of her.

"I want help killing my mother," King said not trying to avoid or be subtle about the subject. Adam nodded hearing this and looked at the male in front of him. He seemed to carry himself fairly well but Adam still wanted to see what he was capable of.

"So tell me King, how will 'you' make a difference in this world? How can you prove to me that you have what it takes to stand up against the powers we have fought for years?" Adam asked as he looked at the male in front of him.

"Well, I am the reason Ironwood is a walking tincan. So that's probably a good start," King said as he looked at the male. He hadn't seen Ironwood since he left him in the hands of Jenson but from what he had heard Ironwood did manage to escape but he had been so badly injured that more than ninety percent of him needed to be replaced.

"So that was your doing huh? We had heard that a huntress died and Ironwood was mangled in Atlas," Adam said with a slight smile. "I'm sure we'll get along nicely. We have a common enemy, and a common goal," Adam said as he looked at the male in front of him.

"You want to kill my mother too?" King asked as he looked at the male in front of him.

"Of course!" Adam declared, "The world will have no Peace until our Dreams are realized. We will turn the tables on those Feeble Cowards who rely on others to do their work for them. The Tyrants who only see Faunus as a usable tool. Only then, will we have Equality," Adam said as he turned around to continue what he was saying.

"But anyone who gets in our way . . . like your Mother who sent that woman. The False Maiden. I'll be sure to return the favor. I'm the Hero of the Faunus after all. To rise up against any power, I'll make sure to protect those beneath me and destroy those who are clearly above me in power. That's the path of a Leader after all," Adam said as he turned to look at King. "The path, of a hero," Adam said as he looked at the male.

Ark began clapping hearing this and Adam glanced at him. "What's he doing here again?" Adam asked. 

"He likes speeches," King replied as he looked at the male. 

"Don't you think it's a bit ironic that he likes speeches, but he himself can't speak?" Adam asked as he looked at the male in front of him. 

"Never thought of it before," King said as he looked at the male in front of him. Adam then shook his head and looked at the male in front of him realizing they had gotten a bit off topic.