Chapter 9: Bonding

P.O.V. Third

King sighed as he looked around the building that he was in. He had been traveling around a week with Shadow and they had come to a small town. King didn't plan on staying in the town long just long enough for him to figure out where he wanted to go to next. This lead to Shadow ultimately getting a job at any local stores she could find, hoping to help King however she could. 

This lead to Shadow's current situation working in a small local restaurant. It had been a relatively slow day and King had been watching her most of the day mainly out of boredom. As Shadow stood behind the counter she noticed a male that had been staring at her for a while begin to walk over to her. As he did Shadow turned to the male and gave him a kind and innocent smile. 

"Hello sir, what can I get you?" Shadow asked as she looked at the male in front of her. 

"You know, I'm a huntsmen," The male said clearly trying to impress the female in front of him. 

"That's good sir, please order food," Shadow said as she looked at the male in front of her. The male not being to happy about how easily she brushed him off continued his pursuit.

"I've killed grimm you know," The huntsmen said as he continued to try and impress Shadow to no avail. 

"Oh haven't we all, please order food," Shadow said as she looked at the male in front of her.

"I kill them on an almost daily basis," The male said as he began to flex slightly once again attempting to impress Shadow. 

"Yes, me too, please order food," Shadow said with her still oddly innocent smile as she looked at the male in front of him. The male now starting to become a bit annoyed looked at Shadow.

"Listen I don't think you-" The male began only to stop when Shadow reached forward grabbing the male by his collar and pulling him forward. 

"Do you know what it's like to be born into a world with no sense of purpose? To have a void inside you no matter what you do? That emptiness inside of me is what I deal with everyday. I have very few pleasures in my life and one of them is something I look forward to every day, and that's the head pats I get from my master. If I don't get my head pats because you didn't order any food I will hunt you down and I will dissect you," Shadow said as she pushed the male away still wearing her oddly innocent smile. 

"Now sir, please order food," Shadow said as she looked at the male. 

"O-one of the special's," The male said as he looked at Shadow clearly now much more concerned than before about what he was doing. 

"Thank you sir, have a nice day," Shadow said as she began to walk towards the back. She wasn't sure why but ever since she had started working here guys like him always bothered her. She wasn't sure why they were trying to impress her if anything she found their attempts more annoying than anything. King sighed seeing this and stood up before he began to walk out of the door. 

"Come on Shadow," King said as he began to walk out of the door. While it had taken him a while to think about what he wanted to do next King had finally come to a decision. Shadow nodded with a smile hearing this and began to follow the male as he walked out of the building. 

"I quit!" Shadow chimed happily as she walked out of the building and began to follow King. "So master you've finally decided on our next move?" Shadow asked as she looked down at the male in front of her. King nodded hearing this and the two continued to walk down the streets together. 

"Yeah, it's not exactly anything exciting but I think it's the best option for us at the moment," King said as he looked up at the female beside him. Shadow nodded hearing this and after a few brief moments of silence.