Chapter 20: Truth

P.O.V. Third

King sighed as he looked at the massive door in front of him. The door to Ozpin's office, he had been contemplating something for a while and now seemed like the perfect time for him to bring the topic up. King then stepped into the room, and when he did, he could see Ozpin looking at several papers on his desk. When he did the male looked up to see who had entered his office, and when he did, he put the pen in his hand down and looked at King.

"Ah, King is there something I can do for you?" Ozpin asked as he looked at the male in front of him.

"Yeah," King said with a slight nod as he looked at the male in front of him. "We should tell Ruby about Salem," King said as he looked at Ozpin. As he did Ozpin's eyes widened slightly before he immediately recomposed himself.

"I'm sorry but I can't approve of this. Telling her about Salem right now, it's just . . . it's too risky," Ozpin said as he looked at the male in front of him.

"Alright, allow me to rephrase what I said then. I'm going to tell her about Salem," King said in a much sterner voice making his position on the matter clear.

"I'm sorry but telling her it's simply-" Ozpin began only for King to cut him off.

"Shut up," King said as he looked at him. "I think you might have misunderstood me. This isn't a negotiation, this isn't me trying to persuade you to see things my way, and this isn't me asking permission. I am telling you what's going to happen," King said as he looked at him speaking with much more authority than he had been just moments ago. "Me telling her isn't your choice. It's mine. Your choice is much simpler than that. It's whether you want to be present when I tell her or not. Am I, in any way unclear about this?" King said as he looked at him.

"I know how you feel, believe me, I do. I just think it's safer to wait until-" Ozpin began only for King to once again interrupt him.

"OZPIN!" King shouted before clearing his throat and taking a deep breath. "I am, trying my best to keep my composure, but you're really starting to piss me off. Do you hear yourself? It's safer to wait. What the fuck is that supposed to mean!" King said before taking a step back. "You know Salem is killing people with silver eyes, right? And you think it's safer to wait? Safer to keep the fact that her life is in danger away from her? Just how long do you plan on waiting? Are we just going to wait until she sends someone after her?! Wait until she's just a body lying in a ditch somewhere? I'm sorry, but HOW THE FUCK IS THAT SAFER?" King asked as he looked at the male in front of him.

"Listen, I just-"Ozpin began as he rose from his chair, he could see that King's anger was starting to get the better of him, and he planned on calming King just a bit so that he would be slightly less confrontational. However, as he did King pointed at the ground and Ozpin felt an incredible weight overcome him forcing him to sit back down in the chair.

"I'm sorry, did what I said just go in one ear and out the other? You're not talking me out of this if that's your plan. In fact, to be direct with you, I'm starting to wonder if you even have a plan for facing her. I've been here for a while, and we haven't even begun talking about the first thing to defeat her?! You have in front of you the person that is probably the closest to defeating her. And if I can't then you have someone else you know she has an interest in and is most likely actively hunting down. AND YOU HAVEN'T SAID A DAMN THING TO EITHER OF US ABOUT WHAT YOUR PLAN IS!" King said as he looked at the male in front of him.

King's breath was coarse and rough before he took a deep breath and sighed. King then stopped pointing at the ground once again allowing Ozpin to move freely. Ozpin seemed a bit relieved hearing this and looked as if he was going to once again speak, only for King to once again cut him off. "If you're going to try and talk me out of it, don't waste your breath my mind is made up on the matter," King said as he turned around and began to walk away.