Chapter 6: Kidnapping

P.O.V. Third

Shadow sighed as she looked at the male in front of her. She hated seeing her master in such a poor condition. She had been assigned to take care of her master and much to her distress his current state hadn't improved at all in fact if anything it had actually become even worse than before.

Shadow sighed as she reached over to the wet towel that was on King's head before she dumped it in a nearby bucket of cold water rung it out and placed it back on his head. She then once again began to wait and bit her lip slightly as she looked at the male. 

His hair was still glowing and his face had now become stained red. His breathing also seemed to worse as he was now panting heavily despite the fact that King had been asleep for the majority of the day. 

"I hope that you'll be okay master," Shadow said more to herself than anyone else as she looked down at the male in front of her. However her worried state only worsened as she suddenly heard a loud explosion and felt the ground shake violently. Shadow shapeshifted into a Beowulf when this happened and began to look around. 

Shadow then began to hear several gunshot and lowered her head so that she could use her enhanced hearing to try and form a better imagine of what was happening. "Where is he!" She heard a muffled voice say behind several gunshots. 

"I don't but keep searching he has to be somewhere here! Also any of you see if you can locate the remains of Amelia!" Another female voice said as Shadow noticed that they were beginning to come closer to her. Shadow assuming the worse that they were here for her master transformed into a king taijitsu and coiled around King in an attempt to protect him. 

She could hear the gunshots coming closer as time passed. She wanted to just scoop her master up and make a run for it but she wasn't sure where to go. In King's current state taking him anywhere would have meant certain death. "What are you doing?" Shadow heard a familiar voice ask in front of the door. 

Shadow then turned back into her human form and ran towards the door with a smile. That was Salem's voice, even if she wasn't happy that King was sick she'd know what to do. "I'm going to get King," She heard Javelin's voice say in front of the door. Shadow then reached for the nob ready to open the door however before she could she heard something that stopped her in her tracks. 

"Leave him, he's worthless. There's no point in wasting energy on someone who's just going to die," Salem said as she began to walk away. Shadow couldn't believe what she had just heard. How could someone be so irresponsible! Even Grimm such as her had basic maternal instincts, but her, she was just going to leave King for dead. Just because it caused a slight inconvenience for her. 

After a few moments of silence she then heard Javelin begin to run away as well. She couldn't believe it, they were really just going to leave her master behind like that? How could they! Shadow wanted to fling open the door so that she could yell at them however she heard several footsteps followed by one of the doors being kicked in. 

Shadow panicked seeing this and transformed into her Beringel form as ran towards King scooping him up and running towards a window. She didn't want her master to travel in his current state but at the moment she didn't have a choice. Shadow was about to jump out the window until she saw several Atlean airships flying as well as several huntsmen wearing Atlas uniforms around the tower. 

Shadow then heard the door behind her opening and gently placed King on the ground before she turned into a Beowulf and took a defensive state over King growling aggressively as she did. As she did the door was kicked open and several huntsmen began to point their guns at her. She saw the male's eyes shift from her to the male beneath her quickly.