Chapter 18: Talk

P.O.V. Third

King sighed as he walked down the halls of Beacon. He had been told that Ozpin had wanted to speak for him for some unknown reason, and this wasn't the first time that King had heard this either. He had been getting several requests from Ozpin to speak with him and he had been postponing this conversation for a while now. However it seemed as if King had finally ran out of excuses and was now being forced to confront him. 

King stopped as he reached the door in front of Ozpin's office and sighed as he opened it. When he did he saw Ozpin standing to the side of the room staring out at the city of Vale. Ozpin turned hearing the sound of the door open and smiled slightly seeing King. "I'm glad you could finally make it," Ozpin said as he began to walk to his desk. As he did Ozpin gestured to the seat in front of his desk and smiled. 

"Please, take a seat," The male said as he looked up at the male. King nodded hearing this and began to make his way across the room and eventually came to a stop in front of the desk sitting down in the small chair that had been set out for him. "First, I would like to thank you for finding and capturing this intruder that managed to infiltrate Beacon," Ozpin said as he looked at the male in front of him. 

"It wasn't hard," King said as he looked at the male in front of him. Ozpin nodded hearing this and looked at King. 

"However this progression raises to questions I think deserve to be answered. One from me, and one from the rest of my allies," Ozpin said as he looked at the male in front of him. King nodded in understanding hearing this and looked at the male. 

"Then I'll try to answer them to the best of my ability," King said as he looked at the male in front of him. 

"I see, well then the first is from the others, and that is what your true intentions are? You want to kill your mother that much is apparent. However what will you do after that? After all your past doesn't leave much to the imagination as to what's possible for you," Ozpin said as he looked at the male in front of him. When he said this King shrugged and lean back in the chair. 

"If I'm being honest, I don't know. I've been thinking about it a lot lately and its kind of hard to think of something to do. I've spent half of my life trying to think of a way to kill my mother to repay her for what she's done. However until recently, I never considered what comes next," King said as he looked at the male in front of him. 

"I see," Ozpin said as he looked at the male seeming a bit unnerved by his answer. 

"Allow to put some of those fears to rest," King said seeing the males apparent unease. "I'm not going to try and conquer Remnant. As glorious, as that sounds and as capable as I may be. Doing something like that just seems like such a headache and huge waste of time," King said with a sigh as he began to stare at the ceiling. 

"If I enslave humanity then everyone will just come to me with more problems. Like rebellions, salves and workers getting sick, it would just be such a hassle. However I will still be committing crimes that make life more convenient for me. As for any goals, or intent that any of you need to worry about? Apart from the occasion murder or robbery I don't think you'll have much to worry about," King said as he looked at the male in front of him. 

Ozpin seemed to have mixed feeling about hearing this but nodded nonetheless as he looked at the male. "The second is my question for you," Ozpin said as he looked at the male in front of him. When he said this King listened to what he had to say. "How do you plan on defeating Salem? You of all people should know about her unique quality," Ozpin said as he looked at King.

"For now, I'd rather keep that to myself," King said as he looked at the male in front of him. Ozpin tensed up slightly hearing this and looked at the male in front of him.