This is Not a House!

This was not a house!

Well, that was the first thing I thought as we crested the hill and what could only be described as a freaking wooden palace came into view. Freaking over achieving monster. What the heck was I going to do with all that space?

Nord laughed at my agape face as we began our decent toward the estate. Yes, that's was exactly what it was, an estate. Like the summer home of a princess or something. It was at least two story high and wide enough to fit six or seven normal houses in it. And I could not even see its entirety because or a twenty foot stone wall that extended from either side of the house and back around the back where the river flowed, the waterfall I had fallen in love with blocked from my view.

Even at this distance I could tell that the building was a master work of stone masonry and construction. I had been impressed by the goblin's stone city, carved out of the inside of a mountain, and the new wooden homes they had made for the foxes, but it was clear they spared no expense on this building. 

The very front of the building was the single most impressive thing. I knew they intended to build me some sort of temple, or place of worship... but what I was looking at right now was astounding and fully too over the top. There were four, huge, two story stained glass windows that were catching the sun light fantastically. Three of the windows were gorgeous, but they were not depicting anything other than the artists skills. But the first of the four, on the left side of the building, was a masterful work of art.

Even at this distance I could see that it had fabulously stylized panels of my adventures over the last six months. At the top was a depiction of a silver haired woman in the woods sitting before an orange foxkin. Then under that was another picture of the same white haired woman standing before a wooden village. It went on and on, depicting my time in the village right up to my encounter with the goblins, then the battles we fought, and the last panel showed Margund defeating his father, freeing the goblins from the reign of their tyrannical former king.

So captivated was I by this art work that I nearly jumped out of Lagdon's lap when a resound "Welcome home Lady Enna!" boomed across my ear drums.

Startled, i lowered my gaze and finally saw that there was a sizable crowed of foxes and goblins gathered at the foot of a short, but grand, stone stair case leading up to the estate. I stared, probably open mouthed, at the sight of my new house mates. Most of the faces I recognized, if not their names, and all were smiling happily my way. When they saw that I had noticed them, they all bowed and Lagdon slipped out of his saddle behind me.

"welcome home Lady Enna." He said, and even though his face was still in its usually passive state I could hear the amusement in his voice.

I glared at the prince. "Its too big!" i hissed, horrified. I would get lost for sure! surly it was not a good sign for one's god to get lost wandering around their own house.

"Don't be like that Lady Enna." Chuckled Nord, also slipping out of his saddle. I saw Draxly and Brillum, two highly skilled foxie warriors, exchanged highly entertained glances behind his back and I glared at them too for good measure. "Our craftsmen spared no expense, this is true. But if you compare this to the temple atop the great mountain that had been made for Aeros it actually is quite modest. And yours is constructed with your people in mind."

I felt my shoulders slump. I really couldn't complain about that. Originally, when the building of this place was first brought up, it was suggested that the house- or temple really- would be constructed by the river for me to live in and for worshipers to make pilgrimages to when they wished to pay their deepest respects to their new Land God. They were going to build a small village about an hour away for the guards and attendants to live when they were not working, giving me space and privacy.