Its Never Dull Living With Monsters

The inside of my new home was probably more extravagant than the outside. As I suspected, the nice stone steps out front leading up to a massive heavy door that was easily defendable, lead to what I would escribe as a church. There were no pews, but it was a huge open space that a small church could have fit within for sure. There were the gorgeous stained glass windows that welcomed people in at the front, but I saw more simple stained glass fitted inside as well, despite the fact that they would be looking into the interior of the building.

The high ceiling was held up by huge pillars and several large wooden rafters. I saw even more windows in the ceiling, this ones normal glass, letting in a ton of natural light. Was it normal for monsters to be able to make this much glass? Without the kind of factories I would imagine from my old world, I wasn't sure how it was possible...

"You need not worry about the unfinished glass work my Lady." Said Drazdon, who had followed Lagdon, Nord, Trixie, and I inside. Everyone else got to work- no doubt getting a party ready.

"What?" I asked. I looked back at the walls and realized that much of the glass that was clearly meant to be in the walls was actually missing. Instead there were wood paneling in its place.

"I am good, but even I can not make so much glass in such a short time." Laughed the old glass worker. "It will take several years for the truly magnificent pieces to be made... Though that is fine seeing as how I hope to tell the tale of your time amongst us in these frames! But I plan to have at least basic stained glass in the window frames before next spring. And for now we have clear glass in the ceiling."

"It is a grand undertaking..." I said, baffled. The talent and time- I couldn't even comprehend it.

Drazdon grinned, hands on his hips and shoulders back proudly. "It will be my single greatest work. My life's ambition! I am truly grateful for this opportunity Lady Enna. To think that my art will forever be seen by all those who visit here to pay their respects to our land god... I am humbled. And to be the first to record your life? It is an honor that I can not even express."

"Your name will, indeed, go down in history." Agreed Nord, appreciating the art work as much as I was.

"And don't forget us." Huffed another goblin, this one a younger goblane with deep red hair braided over one shoulder, deep green eyes, and several scrolls held in his arms. "You will not be around forever, old man. Don't forget who it is that will be carrying on your legacy."

Drazdon broke out in loud laughter, causing the handful of goblins working in the cathedral to stop and look. "Ain't that the truth!" He turned to me, moving so that I could better see the younger goblane and he could better see me. I saw the younger male's eyes widen in shock and he nearly dropped his papers. "Lady Enna, This is Grendal! He is my youngest son and one of my students in the art of glass work. Between he and my other two sons, I am sure that this project will continue on for many more decades, even after I am gone!"

"Lady Enna!" Gasped the younger goblane. He looked more effeminate than most goblins- including the actual females- and nearly dropped more of his scrolls when he hastened to bow to me. "I'm sorry, I did not realize that you had arrived."

"It's fine!" I said, still not used to being bowed to and the like, despite having had to deal with it for the last six months. "More importantly, you all have been doing an amazing job. This place is beautiful!"

Grendal smiled and Drazdon puffed out his chest and said, proudly, "Your thanks is more than we could ask for Lady Enna. To think my family is able to contribute to such an undertaking... Words can not do it justice."

I listened to Drazdon go on and on about what he hoped to accomplish with his art, between introductions to the other goblins working on the project. They apologized for not being finished upon my arrival, but I was just astounded at all the work they had finished. I was in no way familiar with construction work, but even working under modern conditions I was sure this should have taken much longer. Considering these goblins were working with hand tools for the most part was impressive. Goblanes like Grendal did have a goodly gift for magic now, but all of them were new to the art and still had much to learn. It made me think that getting an expert with at least some magics would be ideal. but for now, both the foxes and the goblins were making due.