A New God is Born

I gazed at the Specter before me. My how the tables had turned, now hadn't they. Though, in all truthfulness, I had not suspected that I had this much power stored up, and even now, it was hard to stabilize it, and be sure not to draw too much from the land and people. After all, the last thing I wanted was to accidentally kill some of them.

But I was strong; that much I could sense all on my own. Strong and change, and i didn't just mean the horns. It was like I had achieved some kind of bench mark, or maybe ascended? I didn't know what to call it, but I did know that I had a stronger and more omniscient bond with these lands than I ever had before. It was like I could feel the pulse of life here. 

And right now, it was this new sense that was fueling my anger the most. Oh, I was annoyed with all the trouble the Specter had caused me and my friends, for sure. But it was the damage that I could not literally feel in this section of my territory called the Dark. It was like an open and infected would, and I began funneling energy into it on instinct alone, try as best I could to heal the damage caused.

The Specter needed to pay for his stupid, selfish behavior. Being an off shoot of the self-important Aeros was no excuse in my opinion. I had just told him that I was going to consume him, and I meant it. After all, the energy that he was made of was rightfully mine, right? All that Aeros had abandoned was mine to look after, and as far as I was concerned, that included the discarded energy that made the base of the Specter's spirit. Not to mention all my people and creatures he had absorbed in his endless thirst for more power.

But just killing him left a sour taste in my mouth. I had killed before and had not liked it one bit, and now that the immediate danger had passed with the Specter all but cowering under my current power rush, I did not see it completely necessary to wipe him of the face of the planet.

And that is where my cheeky plan came into being.

I reached out a hand, which seemed paler to me, making me wonder what I actually looked like at the moment. Seeing my movement, the Specter abandoned all pretense and tried to turn tail and flee. He did not get far. Lagdon was there but he was not needed, with just the force of my will I extended my copper energies and locked the twisted shadow in place. He would be going no where any time soon.

"Stay away from me, which!" Snarled the Specter. Apparently he still had bravado left, even after his little escape attempt. But his snapping like a cornered dog was not going to save him now.

I stepped up to the shadow, hand fully extended, and motioned as if I were gripping the insubstantial substance in my small fist. I could feel the intense volume of power some how held in this gaseous shape. It sizzled and pulsed and made me wonder why I was not more afraid of this creature right now. Then again, he was the one frozen in my grip.

I wasn't really sure what I was doing. I didn't have any kind of magical tutor, and so far all but the simplest of spells seemed to elude me. But for some reason, I was supremely confident that I could accomplish the task I had set for myself, which was: Remove all excess power from the Specter and issue a suitable punishment upon him. I did not know how I knew I could do it, but I did.

"This power is not yours." I said, my voice more commanding that I usually used, but it seemed appropriate in the current situation. I watched as the Specter's glowing eyes widened, about the only movement he could do in his current state. "I will be taking it, and putting it to its intended use."

With the barest of thoughts from me, I began drawing the power the Specter had stolen, from it, and pulled it into myself. He roared, but I ignored him, focused on my work. For now, I added the power to my own base source, but as I always did, later I would send it to where ever it was needed most. Probably to be used to fix the mess he had made of this forest to be honest.