Confrontation

Lagdon made an irritated noise, and I groaned in frustration

Lagdon made an irritated noise, and I groaned in frustration. "Apparently our enemy does not want us leaving so easily." I said, kicking uselessly at the fog. "I don't suppose you can still find your way in this Reihekiu?"

"I am good, but not that good. The nasty, in the deep dark, has his eyes focused on us now. Even I won't know up from down if the beastly creature is actively trying to confuse us..." Stated the elf, dashing my hopes.

"Do you think its headed here?" I asked the group at large.

"I do not sense anything amiss." Said Kishi, her nose in the air in an attempt to take in the scents of the Dark. "Besides the obvious that is."

"Well, it is safe to say that if we move now, the only direction we will be going is directly to where it wants us to go." Sighed Reihekiu, hands on her hips. Whether bored, genuinely curious, or just a lover of stirring up trouble, she decided to poke the bear that was Lagdon. "Given we have no where to go, maybe you can sate my building curiosity."

Lagdon looked like he did not want to do that at all, and glared at the half elf, annoyance written all over his body language. Reihekiu ignored all that.

"I have met the goblins of these lands before, and I know for a fact that they would rather lick stones than answer to a human. Land god or not. So you may have to forgive my assumption that, as a hobgoblin, you- mister prince- would be even less willing to subjugate yourself to this human. Would it not be easier for you to just let this ghostie gobble her up?"

"Um, I don't think this is really the time-" I started, trying to way-lay the violence I saw building in Lagdon's stance.

"Would it not be better for the goblins? Better that this human die and the- What did I hear you call it? the Specter?- the Specter achieve its obvious intent on inheriting the role of land god? As a monster born of Aeros' miasma, it is essentially the dragon's own child. Would the goblins not preferer to serve such a monster over a rather frail looking human woman?"

"Excuse me?" Growled the hobgoblin, eyes narrowed. Nervously, I set a hand on his bicep, hoping to prevent him from launching on the elf, whom I thought may or may not be some what crazy.

"Well, monsters, more than anyone value power and dominance over others. And, as you pointed out, this woman is rather lacking in the power factor. In fact, you made it sound quite a bit like you had to babysit her on a constant biases. How stressful for you."

"Reihekiu, I think you have said enough." Kishi's words were not a growl, but there was an edge that made me think the fox was getting aggravated as well.

Had I not been worried that violence was about to erupt, all while the fog continued to billow in around us, I would have been offended. I had been working very hard NOT to need babysitting. And I rather thought that I was holding up during this last little adventure. I may not have been able to fight as well as Kishi, but I did hold my own out here.