Winter

When next I opened my eyes, I was pretty confused. It had been quite a long time since I last slept, and it was a strange sensation. At first, I felt panic; for a split second I thought I was back in the hospital and everything I remembered had been nothing but an elaborate dream...

Then I heard an absolutely atrocious snore that shocked my brain enough to realize that I was looking up at a copper and gold canopy and a high, wooden, ceiling. I was in my bed back at the estate. My heart unclenched in an instant and I vowed to do my very best never to pass out and scare myself like that again. After all, if a girl can randomly wake up in a monster forest one day, then they can also wake back up in their former life too.

"... I wish he would not be so loud." I heard the familiar voice of Kishi sigh, and felt  a warm form shift slightly next to me.

"Why?" Grouched another voice, dripping in irritation and contempt. "Is it not your wish for the girl to wake up? If anything will do it, it'll be this dragon rumbling." On que, someone let out another, rafter shaking, snore.

"All the same..."

I heard a feminine chuckle, probably from farther into the room, as the other voices had sounded next to my head almost. "Let the poor man sleep. He has been stressed enough for eight goblins. The sooner Lady Enna awakens the better." I recognized this voice as well, it was Trixie, The blonde haired, burgundy tailed foxmen woman that was the head maid.

"I'm awake now..." I said groggily, realizing that I was just staring off into space while people worried about me.

"Lady Enna!"

"Mistress!"

"About time..."

All of these heartfelt exclamations (...) were then followed by the clattering of some kind of furniture and a loud grunt. As I pulled myself up to a seated position, I felt a presence looming over me. Gazing up, up, upward I saw the inevitable form of Lagdon glaring down on me. Seriously, he was cranky right from the get go? Figures.

"Morning?" I said, slightly anxious but mostly just relived that he and the others were here and this had all not been a dream.

Lagdon's cold eyes narrowed, but then I saw the tension leave his shoulders and he sighed, sitting at the edge of my bed and rubbing his forehead. Compliments to who ever made this bed though, as Lagdon probably weighed the same as a juvenile elephant. Add to that the giant wolf, me, and the little black cat, I was impressed the floor could hold us all.

"I am so glad you have finally awoken my Lady!" Stated Trixie, who now stood next to Lagdon, pretty eyes filled with tears as she beamed at me.

Finally? Oh, well I guess I was back home now. That meant I was asleep for the whole trip back! That was a hell of a long nap. I guess they would be worried then.

"How long was I asleep for?" I asked, sighing as I settled myself back against Kishi's soft fur.

"A whole month, Mistress..." She said, blowing on Mitten's dark fur, causing the grouchy cat to glare at her and pad his way to the other side of the bed.

"A month!" I exclaimed, absolutely shocked. Was everything alright? Did everything go as it should? What about all that energy I had gathered?! Could it all redisperse itself properly all on its own?

"We have been managing fine, My Lady." Lagdon sighed, likely seeing the panic on my face. "I will be sure to have you fully briefed, but there have been no major issues."

"Oh," I sighed, relieved yet again. "So, what happened after I passed out?"

"The previous gods did as you asked, and returned whence they came." Stated Kishi. "Lagdon wanted to leave the cat, but Reihekiu stated that it would be better to kill him, but worried you may not be pleased with such an outcome..."