「 ✦ We meet each other again ✦ 」

What to do when you have lost all you had? That was the same question Bianca has been wondering since the most important person in her life left and never came back. Her forever girlfriend, Emma Watson, broke up with her after having been together for almost five years of relationship because she had to follow her career and she wanted to experience new things, 'we are still young, we have a whole life to live and we must do it alone', were her precise words which broke Bianca's heart permanently.

Seven years had passed after probably the most horrible night Bianca had ever experienced. And yet it hurt as if it had happened yesterday. Emma had left an emptiness in Bianca's heart that nobody could fill, not even her family. Emma was the one Bianca thought she was going to spend her life with, to grow old with and die happily in her arms. However, life isn't always gentle with us and showed to a very young girl what suffering means.

Unfortunately, no one had ever been able to conquer the girl's heart even after all this time; she anytime would compare everyone with Emma and would end up saying that she wasn't interested in them just because they obviously weren't her. Friends and family always referred to them as 'the great love story' and it was true, they really seemed made for each other, at least until the first of December 2008, when the magic stopped.

That night was impressed in Bianca's mind who, just a broken record, kept playing it again and again in the hope that it was only a nightmare and that she would wake up and Emma would be right next to her.

The only things she had of the older girl were the watch Emma had given her, the letter she had left on her bed after sleeping with her for the last time, a photo of them kissing in Emma's parents' kitchen while doing a cake and something she always kept with her, wherever she went, it followed her. Both, the photo and the letter, were jealously guarded in her wallet because they were the only things she had left from the girl she had loved with all of herself and perhaps would love forever.

Any time she would look at the photo she would involuntarily bitterly smile remembering how happy they were, and then glancing at the letter she would blame herself for having been so foolish to let a single girl destroy her life as if it was the easiest thing in the world. She could have said its content word by word having memoraized it in its every little detail.

My darling,

I wish I didn't have to do it but I feel like I must free you to be able to be young and go out of your comfort zone, which you wouldn't do if you were with me because of my career. Tomorrow I will be gone and I don't know whether I ever come back. Thank you for being so special and for always having been by my side even when I was at my lowest. Thank you for having made me the person I am today. Thank you for having given me the most incredible love story I could ever dream of. I will always remember the sound of your angelic laughter, the sprinkle in your eyes, your beautiful smile. Perhaps you will be my only true love, because I don't think that someone could ever occupy the place you have in my heart, but now I must go, my love. Please, don't be too sad when you read this, take it as an opportunity to finally do those kind of things that teenagers do and forget me. I probably should give Florence her money back, for that stupid bet she had made with my brother, remember? Anyway, I just wanted to give you a proper goodbye but I feel like I couldn't say anything if I spoke to you, after all you still are my greatest weakness, hence I opted for a letter. I know it will hurt at the beginning, but time will make you understand it was the best decision for the both of us. And who knows, maybe we'll meet again, one day... but for now, it is a goodbye, darling.

Emma.

Bianca woke up shortly after Emma had closed the door of her parents' house and found the letter that shattered her into millions of pieces. She had gone through a serious mental breakdown, which led her to depression and to isolate herself from the rest of the world. Everybody was extremely worried about her. Her mother desperately tried to make her go out of this terrible limbo she was in by bringing her to see a psychologist, hoping to have her baby back. She dropped school for a few weeks, saying that she only wanted to disappear. Luckily, she had her best friend, who never gave up on her, who, with infinite patience, helped her to get through the hell she was feeling and was killing her from the inside.