「 ✦ Please, say no, say no ✦ 」

Christmas Eve had finally arrived. It had always been Bianca's favourite holiday, but it made her also think about her father. Before he divorced her mother, it was a tradition that they stargazed together the night of Christmas Eve, waiting for the following day.

She still used to stargaze on Christmas Eve all by herself, pretending that her father was sitting next to her, teaching her new things about the stars. It wasn't the same, obviously, but it provided her some comfort.

The last time she saw him, she had no idea that she wasn't going to see him for the next seven years. It was shortly after her breakup with Emma. She was desperately trying to overcome the immense amount of pain and emptiness that the actress had caused her, and she needed a shoulder to cry on. She needed him, but he wasn't there for her.

On December third, Bianca was heading at her father house, but as she got close to it, she spotted her father snogging a woman into his car, and she definitely wasn't her mother. He had started a new chapter of his life, excluding her from it. She couldn't even describe how she felt betrayed for seeing him go on as if she didn't exist. It was just felt too much. They hadn't talked for months, and now she found out he had another woman? Absurd.

That December, Bianca had lost two of the most important people of her life: Emma and her father. That December had been completely cancelled from Bianca's mind.

It's curious how fast you can pass from being on cloud nine to be on the verge of breaking down. That was how Bianca felt that year. She had started it thinking she had touched heaven, with Emma's promise of marrying her one day; to ending it believing she was done.

At the moment, she was going to her mother's house to wish her a merry Christmas. She hoped not to bump into any member of the Watson family since they lived right in front of her mother, but her wishes, obviously, couldn't become reality either for once.

However, she didn't meet anyone outside, but as she stepped inside. When her mother opened her, behind her, there was Emma. "Hi, mum," she greeted the older woman. Then she turned to Emma, "what are you doing here?" Bianca asked bewildered. It was rather weird that the actress was visiting her ex-girlfriend's mother, wasn't it?

Her mother gestured her to enter to warm up since she was all covered in snow and had her nose and cheeks painted slightly red due to the cold.

"I always come here, honey," Emma answered softly, "I've come every weekend for seven years... to keep an eye on you."

Bianca placed her jacket on the coat hanger, "you've come here every weekend since we broke up?" She frowned. Her mother had told her she didn't see anyone of the Watson family anymore.

The actress' mouth curved into a sad smile. "Yeah," she slowly said, "...I think I just..." she looked straight into Bianca's brown eyes, "couldn't let you go."

The younger girl swallowed harshly, suddenly feeling her throat dry. "What about now?" She questioned, taking a step forward Emma. "Have you been able to let me go?"

Bianca wouldn't have been able to say from where all this boldness came, but what she knew was that she had been dying inside, wanting to finally know if Emma still, deep down, had a part of her which couldn't let her go forever.

She wore an expecting look, feeling her heart racing in her chest as she waited for an answer. Emma, instead, brought one of her hands up to Bianca's hair, gently placing a stroke of it behind her ear. "I will-" she had started to say but was interrupted by another voice, which was very familiar to Bianca. It was Emma's mother.

"Emma, darling," Mrs Watson said from the living room. "Why are you taking so long there?"

Bianca gave the actress an interrogative look. "She insisted on coming with me." Emma replied, walking with the younger girl towards the living room where the other woman was waiting for her.