「 ✦We will get through this together✦ 」

Bianca
We need to talk.

That was the first thing Bianca had done when she woke up the next morning. She couldn't close her eyes due to what she had learned yesterday. She was having breakfast alone since Florence was still fast asleep, enjoying her ice coffee as she scrolled down all the messages she and Emma exchanged. She didn't think that the actress would be already up at this hour in the weekend, but instead, not even a couple of minutes later the screen of her phone showed her a notification from the older girl.

Em❤️
Meet me at my place whenever you want, I'll wait for you 😘

She didn't waste more time, putting on the first thing she saw in the wardrobe and changed the bandage that Florence had insisted on applying on her wrist. She slid in her ear her earphones and prepared something to eat for when the brunette would be awake. Then, after writing on a small piece of paper with her wonderful handwriting 'don't burn the house until I come back ;)', she checked not to have forgotten anything and finally closed behind her the entrance door in the most delicate possible way not to disturb her friend.

Taylor Swift's album 1989 started playing as she began her long walk until Emma's house. Well, to be more precise, Emma and Tom's apartment.

She felt like she was going into the lion's den. Where her ex-girlfriend lived with her current boyfriend, absurd. Probably no one, but Bianca would be willing to do that. Florence, for example, would rather die than stepping into Lorenzo's girlfriend's house, and they even never dated.

And yet, Bianca had walked for half an hour under the heavy rain without an umbrella just to know what the actress had kept for her for too much time for her liking. As soon as she walked inside the enormous building, she got off the giant hat she now had gotten used to wear, not to be recognised by the paparazzi. She hated it since it ticked her, but at least she wasn't being photographed anytime she breathed outside her home. And she wasn't even famous. She couldn't imagine what celebrities went through every day being followed and harassed everywhere.

Water drops rhythmically fell down on the floor as she climbed the stairs where at the end she got blessed by the vision of an ethereal Emma, still in her pyjamas holding a cup of coffee in her left hand as she leaned on the door.

"Bianca, you're dripping!" The actress exclaimed, rushing towards the younger girl, "you're gonna get sick."

Bianca shrugged, honestly not caring about anything at the moment but knowing the truth. If that meant that she would have a high fever the next day, then that would be it. "Good moring to you too, Em." Bianca retorically said.

"Good morning, sweetheart," the older girl softly smiled, "but now you better enter and give me this soaked coat. You must be freezing." She dragged Bianca inside and wrapped her into a warm white blanket while her coat stayed on the radiator to get dry. "Bianca, what happened to your wrist?" She asked, concerned.

This was the right moment to finally start the conversation they should have had back seven years ago. Even because now Tom wasn't at home, it was just the two of them.

Bianca let out a giggled, "Oh, this was a collateral effect of my little chat with Willam."

The actress' eyes widened so much that Bianca thought that they were going to fall down. "If that's a joke, it's not funny," she replied between gritted teeth.

"I wish it was a joke, Em, believe me, but it's not," Bianca summed up their conversation, leaving Emma out of words as she was trying to keep a grip on herself not to crush William's head for even placing a single finger on Bianca. She didn't deserve any of this. "And that brings me to the reason why I needed to talk to you," the younger girl affirmed, serious. Emma already knew what was going to come out of Bianca's mouth, but she wasn't prepared to spill everything. Reminiscing those awful memories hurt her in an unexplainable way.