「 ✦ Come back to me, please ✦ 」

14 February 2008

"What are you doing for Valentine's Day, Bia?" Florence asked her when she met her at the school cafeteria for lunch break. The shorter girl was already sat, sipping her ice coffee as a croissant was waiting to be eaten. Sweets, according to her, were the last edible things her school offered the students.

"Good morning to you too, Flo," she sarcastically replied. "Where have you been all day?" She then changed her mind after seeing the malicious smirk that had cracked on Florence's face.

"I don't think you wanna know. You're a pure soul, after all," the brunette giggled. Florence bit her sandwich as she put an orange straw inside her coke under Bianca's gaze. "Yes, you're right. I wouldn't want to vomit at the moment."

She didn't know for sure, but she knew that Florence had the bad habit of going whenever snogging every guy who was breathing for literally no reason. And now she had her lips all swollen, and her lipstick was only partially on her. She had never had a serious relationship. She kept saying she didn't like anyone, but in reality, Bianca thought she just couldn't have the boy she truly wanted: Lorenzo.

"So, what will you and your lover do tonight?" Florence urged.

Bianca shrugged, slightly shaking her head. "I have no idea, but tomorrow Emma has a test, so I wouldn't want to keep her away from her books for too long. I think she needs to revise history."

The smile that was present on Florence's face immediately faded. "Are you joking, right?"

Bianca frowned, confused. "... No?..." she hesitated saying, "Why?"

"Why!?" The taller girl asked in disbelief. But her dear friend didn't seem to get the message right. "Gosh Bia, you're sixteen now. Do you know what does that mean?"

"That I'm almost done with this horrible school?" Bianca replied clueless, biting her chocolate croissant.

Florence wasn't sure if Bianca was pretending or if she wasn't understanding what she was referring to for real. "Are you seriously not getting what I'm saying?"

"You know I'm not the best when it comes to talking about love things," Bianca said.

"Oh, believe me, I know it," Florence laughed along with the younger girl. "You have been like this since I met you."

The Italian girl smiled softly, recalling the memory. There wasn't a precise moment when they met given the fact that their parents were friends, but she remembered clearly when a certain brunette told her: "Hello there!"

That was just the beginning of a very long friendship. The kind of friendship anyone dreams of.

"And you have always been rather straightforward when you had to tell me something," Bianca added. "So why don't you just tell me why you are so upset that tonight I'm not doing anything special with Emma? I should be the sad one, not you."

Florence smirked, carefully placing on the plate what remained of her sandwich. "I was just trying not to make you have a heart attack, but if you want me to go straight to the point..."

Bianca luckily wasn't drinking. Otherwise, she would have choked when the older girl said: "I was talking about sex, Bianca."

The Italian girl's eyes dangerously popped out. She definitely hadn't seen it coming. "Are you mad?" She almost shouted.

"What's so strange about it?" Florence asked. "You have been together for more than four years if I'm not wrong, and you both are in the age of consent."