Chapter 4

Awkwardness filled the newlywed's bedroom. Chaeyoung had been sitting on the bed's edge for more than ten minutes, he was dozing off without saying anything. Mina washed her face, brushed her teeth, and was about to sleep "Can I turn off the lights?" she dared to ask. Many questions were crossing her mind. Who is Jiyoung? Is their life in danger? Why Chaeyoung is that broken?

Chaeyoung nodded and Mina turned off the lights leaving a bedside lamp on. She looked at the frozen Chaeyoung for a while before turning her back and falling asleep.

Mina's prayers were answered. It's almost August and life in the mansion is as peaceful as ever, she rarely talks with Chaeyoung or has alone time with him. From learning the etiquette from Nayeon and reading a lot of books. Mina is spending her time in the mansion's garden only, but today she has another plan. She set her alarm at seven in the morning just when Chaeyoung woke up. He was preparing himself to go to work when Mina got up and walked to him with baby steps.

"Uhm, Chaeyoung... Can I go to my parents' house today? I miss them so much"

Chaeyoung was tying his necktie and looking at his reflection in the mirror "I will drive you there and Taecyeon will wait for you there, don't think of anything crazy like running away. Understood?"

Like a child who was happy to go out Mina nodded "I will be ready in five minutes!" she said and rushed to the bathroom. Chaeyoung smiled at her cute reaction and headed to the dining room. Chaeyoung's lips parted when he saw Mina wearing short shorts with a blue oversized shirt. Her revealing skin was too much for his heart.
"What is this?" he asked pointing at her outfit. Mina looked down and shrugged her shoulders "Change your outfit, too much skin is showing" he ordered.

"It's August! The weather is so hot!" Mina argued.

"I won't take you to your parents' house then!" he said.

Mina stamped her feet and headed back to their bedroom while Chaeyoung sat on the table. Taecyeon came and bowed to him "You called me sir"

"Mina is going to her parents' house. Keep your eyes on her wherever she goes. Understood?"

"Yes sir" Taecyeon nodded. Mina came back wearing jeans and a plain white T-shirt.

"Better?" she asked and Chaeyoung nodded as he got up. He wiped his mouth with a tissue "Let's go"

The two were heading to the garage when Chaeyoung stopped and looked at her "Did Nayeon give you the debit card and your pocket money?" he asked and Mina nodded "You can buy whatever you want, no problem" 

Mina never had this freedom before, she doesn't even know if the card is limited or not. She sat beside Chaeyoung in the car as he drove off followed by Taecyeon. Silence filled the car, Chaeyoung isn't a talkative person neither is Mina. He turned on the radio and switched channels. He hummed to the random song that played. He tapped his fingers on the steering wheel while driving, Mina did her best to not smile or laugh as Chaeyoung looked softer and cuter than usual.

"This is the building," said Mina as they arrived at her parents' house "Thank you" she smiled at him before she left the car. Chaeyoung made sure she entered the building and Taecyeon waited for her in the building's lobby.

Mina had no other intentions, she sincerely missed her parents. They were so shocked at her visit. They hugged her tightly and they sat in the living room.

"How is your marriage life?" her mother asked "You lost a lot of weight, they are not feeding you well?"

"I am fine mom, they just want me to lose a bit of weight for my appearance" Mina replied.

"What's wrong with your appearance? My daughter is the most beautiful girl in town" her father defended. Mina caressed his cheek and smiled. The three of them were enjoying breakfast when Kaito decided to break the big news "Haruto came here last night"