Chapter 9

Author's note: I am having a huge writer's block for this story. I don't know if I can continue it or not :-( 

___

After contacting Peniel and Ken's secretary Chaeyoung finally booked a meeting with Mina's biological father. Even though it was next week he needed to confront him and know the truth. But right now, Chaeyoung was waiting for Mina in the clinic waiting room. He comfortably sat on the leather couch wearing his well branded suit catching everyone's attention in the room. He instantly stood up when he saw Mina coming out of the therapist's room.

"See you at the next session," said the short friendly therapist as she smiled at the couple.

"How was it?" He asked as he gently put his hand on Mina's back after he carried her bag. Mina can't deny that Chaeyoung's behavior changed since that day. The two chatted while leaving the crowded clinic.

"Good, she wants to see me once a week from now" Mina smiled. Chaeyoung can clearly see her swollen eyes, proof that she cried a lot.

"Glad to hear that... Shall we have sushi now?" He grinned.

"Don't you have work? You accompanied me on my first therapy session and it means a lot I don't want to be a burden"

Chaeyoung held Mina's shoulders and kissed her forehead. He didn't care that the two were standing in the middle of the street, many eyes were on them but he didn't pay attention and followed his feelings.

"You are the love of my life" He confessed as he stared at her teary-eyed "You are not a burden and I will support you with all I have"

He said before he pulled her into a warm soft hug. He caressed the back of her head and closed his eyes, she didn't know her real father's truth. She would be devastated if she knew his real identity. Chaeyoung cursed himself for searching for him without her permission but he started a game he couldn't end easily.

~~~

Paradise Club - 7 PM - Meeting room

After going under a pat-down by a huge man, Chaeyoung was finally led to a meeting room on the third subterranean floor. He sat on the leather chair and waited for Ken to arrive, he looked around at the random paintings on the walls, the dim light was making the room creepy but he moved these ideas away and focused on meeting Kne. Not so much passed and Ken entered the room while talking on the phone in Japanese. Chaeyoung instantly got up and yelped as Ken's powerful vibes and stares were intense. The latter hung up and offered his hand for a handshake.

"Ken Watanabe," he said as he sat in front of Chaeyoung and the younger did the same "So young boy. I heard that you are the CEO of son's group. I heard a lot about you and your strategy with work, and finance, very impressive," he said as he sat back confidently.

Chaeyoung faked a smile he couldn't stop thinking that this guy ruined Mina's life and made her live a miserable one "Actually I am pleased that you know about me but I am here for another reason... Personal, I may say"

"Enlighten me, young boy," Ken said as he raised an eyebrow in question.

With a strength Chaeyoung didn't know he had, he leaned on the table and intertwined his fingers together.

"Myoui Kaito and Myoui Akira. Do these names remind you of anything?"

Like being splashed by cold water, Ken's expression dropped and he froze like a statue. Chaeyoung frowned and sat back "I don't care about anything but that poor girl-"

"Where is she?" He cut him off, his voice tone was less confident and powerful than it was a few seconds ago.

"I won't let you put a finger on her. She is my wife, and her safety is my responsibility"

"I am her father! I won't hurt her!" Ken raged "How is she doing?"

Chayeoung shook his head in disappointment "I didn't come here to make a cute reunion with her. I am here to ask you one question... Why did you do that? Why did you make her suffer like that?"

"Suffer? I gave Akira and Kaito a lot of money so they could take care of her! I protected her from this life!"

"They made her suffer, they spent the money on themselves and I am not here to get revenge. Why did you hide the truth from her?"

"I thought of her every day, I could've found her if I wanted but I can't have a weak point. I have a lot of enemies and they could've used her. I can't let my daughter suffer" Ken answered.

"How about her mother? She didn't care either?" Chaeyoung asked.

"Hara Kei" Said Ken as he looked down, his lips curved up "She was the love of my life, I met her when she was twenty, she was so young. I took the girl from her and gave her to the Myoui's. Since that day I didn't hear anything from her. I tried to look for her but I can't find her. She had a beautiful voice, she was a singer" he muted a bit "May I know at least my daughter's name?"

"Mina, Myoui Mina, or Son Mina may I say. And at the right time, she will know the truth and I will be the one who will protect her even if I have to travel the world with her!" Chaeyoung warned.

Ken smiled "I don't know her or know you but I can see that she is in the right hands"

Chaeyougn stood up and buttoned his jacket before he made his way out of the meeting room.

'Hara Kei' He repeated the name over and over again. "If Ken Watanabe can't find her I'll be the one who finds her," He said to himself as he stepped out of the elevator.

"Sir!" Peniel rushed to Chaeyoung "The alleged son of Ken Watanabe is there," he said pointing at the far right of the poker room. Chaeyoung's followed the direction. He felt his mouth dry straight away. He held the chair as a support and avoided staring in that direction "Sir are you okay?"

"Are you sure?" Chaeyoung asked.

"Yeah! Look!" Peniel said and looked at that guy again, Ken embraced his alleged son and Chaeyoung couldn't believe his eyes, he rushed to the garage without saying anything. He untied his necktie "Jiyoung is Mina's brother" He said and pulled back his hair "This is going out of control. This is insane"

He was about to drive off when he received a message from Nayeon followed by a location "No questions! Just go to this location!"

"Rude, okay"

To be continued...