Chapter 10

Chaeyoung parks in front of a Bungalow. He smiles when he notices a sticky note on the gate "Follow the flower petals" he reads as he walks in a trail of Dahlia flowers. He entered the small Bangalow where only a few candles illuminate the room along with the fireplace. In the middle of the living room, a table full of food plates with two chairs on each side. He turned around when he heard high heels click behind him.

The tiredness of the day faded as soon as he saw Mina smiling at him. She was wearing a short black nightgown. Chaeyoung was speechless, he kissed her palm as he pulled her closer "What is this?" he asked.

"A celebration because you became the CEO" she whispered into his ear. She cupped his face and stared into his eyes, Chaeyoung's mind was messy. His enemy is his wife's biological brother. How would she face that? How would she face that her real father is one of the most dangerous men in Asia?

"You are so beautiful" he complimented.

"I cooked for you," Mina said excitedly while pointing at the table "Greek salad, Chicken mushroom, and Lasagna"

Chaeyoung can only look at her, he naughty leans in and whispers "And you are my dessert"

Mina blushed and looked away "Yeah"

Chayeoung pulled the chair for his wife and the two enjoyed the dinner.

"I ate a lot" Mina sighed while rubbing her tummy "Why are you looking at me like this?" she asked.

"How?" Chaeyoung grinned.

"I think you have something to say, you were weird for the last few days. Are you hiding something from me?"

"No, not at all" He lied "I will wash the dishes and you can rest, you must be tired," He said while getting up. Chaeyoung was already grabbing the dirty plates when Mina held his hand.

"Don't leave me" Said Mina.

Chaeyoung left the plates and squatted next to her "What made you think I would ever leave you?"

"I only have you Chaeyoung. I feel so lonely" Mina cried "I've never been this weak or vulnerable to anyone. I broke my walls for you. Don't break me"

"I won't"

Chaeyoung repeated while wiping Mina's tears away. He carried her bridal style. Mina is used for his crazy behaviors from time to time. He walked over to the bed located at the end of the corridor on his right. He gently placed her on the queen-sized bed and kissed her tears away.

~~

A few hours later...

Chaeyoung was playing with Mina's long black hair while the latter was resting her head on his chest.

"If you were in my shoes, would you search for your real parents?" She asked. Chaeyoung froze and looked down at her.

"Yes"

"What if they turned out dead or bad or they rejected you like they did before?"

"I would hear the truth from them and why they did that. I will do my best to forgive them too"

Mina frowned and shook her head "I won't forgive them, nor forgive Kaito and Akira. They used me and never loved me"

"They call me every day to check up on you, they care for you" Chaeyoung pointed out but Mina was stubborn, she couldn't forgive them at the moment.

Chaeyoung kissed the top of her head and hummed "Let's sleep now" The two closed their eyes and drifted to a night full of deep sleep.

~~