Chapter 13

"That won't change anything Chaeyoung. I want to break up with you" she said.

Chayeoung gulped and took a deep breath "We will discuss this later, now sleep well" He stated and left her room. He walked faintly in the hospital's corridor until he reached the restroom. He washed his face before he looked at himself in the mirror. As if he aged ten years in one day, he felt old and powerless. The love of his life is leaving him because of his selfishness and curiosity while his company is having a downfall. He broke down into tears as he felt weak and loneliness.

After a long sleepless night, Chaeyoung woke up. He cracked his back as sleeping on the uncomfortable couch in Mina's room wasn't the best thing. He kissed her head before he left. Mina opened her eyes as soon as she felt his absence. She couldn't help but cry, she hated how she craved his presence but her anger was a lot more. Not so much passed before Akari came. After helping Mina goes to the bathroom and has her breakfast. She didn't leave her for a second as Chaeyoung asked her to stay with her.

Chaeyoung was having a long meeting with his lawyer, he released a statement to justify his situation even though many journalists were writing bad articles about him, while his stocks were dropping.

"The Korean society is so hard to please" Bangchan huffed as he threw his pen on the table. He sat back and looked at the focused Chaeyoung.

"They are but I am doing my best. Many clients terminated our contracts with them but many didn't. Let's stay positive and work hard" He instructed the exhausted Nayeon and Bangchan.

Irene interrupted the three's meetings and bowed "Ken Watanabe is waiting for you outside sir"

Chaeyoung stood up and frowned "Let him in"

"Leave us alone" he ordered his assistants and they obediently left. Unusually, Ken didn't look powerful and full of confidence. He sat on the leather couch in front of Chaeyoung.

"Mina is awake if you want to-"

"Did you tell her about me?" Ken cut Chaeyoung off "If your answer is no, I prefer if we keep it that way"

"What do you mean?" Chaeyoung asked confusingly.

"I won't be able to be a good father to her. She lived twenty-five years without me. I won't be able to be by her side. I have many enemies and they will threaten me with her life. I don't want to carry this responsibility for the rest of my life. Jiyoung is on his way to Japan now, he won't bother you anymore" Ken muted a bit and placed a leather briefcase on the coffe table "I wasn't the supportive father in Mina's life. That money is for her only, I trust that you will give it to her. You are a good man"

Chaeyoung opened the briefcase and found stacks of 50-dollar bills. He closed it and stared at Ken "You know that you will be a grandfather after a few months? She is pregnant with twins"

Ken raised his eyebrows in shock and his tensed shoulders loosened "You will have a mission, send me a picture of them every day" Chaeyoung smiled and nodded before he stood up the same as Ken "If you weren't a good man my reaction would be different but you love my daughter and I know you will take care of her and your kids"

A bittersweet smile left Chaeyoung's lips "I will" he stated proudly before he watched Ken leaves.

On the other hand, Rose was walking back and forth in front of Mina's room. Too afraid to enter "How is her condition?" She asked the nurse who just come out of Mina's room.

"She was sleeping but she is doing fine, no need to worry. She can leave by tomorrow morning." The nurse looked at Rose's elegant and fancy attire. Tight jeans with high boots and a beige sweater. "May I ask who are you? You didn't visit her even"