7;

The time Esther met my bandmates.

"..Harry do I really have to go?" Esther sighs flopping onto my bed.

"Yes,"

She rolls her eyes. "But there's going to be just you five guys, what and who am I going to talk to?"

"Me, I'm not going to ignore you."

"I don't think this is a good idea, H." She replies.

I shrug and zip up my bag. This weekend I'm spending time with Liam, Louis, Niall and Zayn at my dads place. My dads letting us stay there so we can get to know each other better.

I asked, well begged Esther to come too. I think it would be a good idea for her to know them as she's a huge part of my life.

But it's taking some convincing.

"You should come anyway, I'd miss you."

She smiles. "Lily asked me to go over for a movie night."

"We both know that won't happen, she only likes horrors and you still get scared at Harry Potter,"

Esther rolls her eyes because she knows I'm right.

"If I come with, can you order pizza?"

"Any topping,"

She grins. "Sides?"

"Maximum of two,"

"You have a deal, Styles."

We shake hands and she fetched her bag from downstairs.

"You already knew you were coming?" I raise my eyebrow.

"Got pizza out of you, didn't i?" She smirks.

This girl.

. . .

I met the boys at my dads place, they were all waiting as my mum pulled up. I apologised opening the door for Esther, I immediately saw the boys eyes focus on her. I felt the instinct to hide her, protect her.

But I can't, she isn't mine.

I greet the boys. "This is Esther," I introduce. "She's my best friend," She smiles and gives a shy wave and I see the shy, awkward 13 year old Esther all over again, the quiet girl with hundreds of books and folders and a school map.

We all decide on rooms, I share with Esther because it was only logic and she requested we stay in the same room.

.

The boys and I play football for a while, Louis was probably the best out of us all. Esther sat at the garden table on her laptop, typing viciously, her face concentrated.

I watched as Niall handed her a drink of water and she smiled at him as he sat down. They talked for a few minutes, Esther looked so relaxed with him, she even laughed, like Esther laughed at something he said. She has two laughs, my favourite is when she completely loses it and wipes her eyes because she's crying with laughter, like she is now.

"You got it bad, man." Zayn nudges me.

"Hmm?" I frown snapping out of my trance.

"For her," He nods at Esther and I scoff.

"No, we're best friends."

"You sure?"

I nod. "I'm sure,"

He smirks. "Okay but just a warning, don't be surprised if she gives Niall her number."

I roll my eyes and run over to get myself a drink.

. . .

The boys and I had has a really good night, even though Esther asked for pizza we ordered Chinese food instead. The boys and I had played football, talked about almost everything and I could really feel a connection between us all.

We all want the same thing, we all want to achieve the same things and i'd never really had a group of guy friends like this, it was cool.

It was just after 10 when we set up the night time camp fire, I'd brought down blankets for everyone but I'd noticed Esther hadn't been here for a while.

I told the boys to get comfortable whilst I went to find her.

I found her in our room packing her stuff.

"What are you doing?" I frown.

I watch her wipe her eyes.

"Esther, are you okay? Why are you crying?"

I'm immediately by her side but she shrugs me off which kills me a little bit. "I'm fine,"

She's not fine.

"Why are you crying? Why are you packing?"

"I don't want to be here anymore,"

"Why? Has one of the boys said something?"

She shakes her head. "It's you,"

"Me? What have I done?"

"I have been sat by myself down there for hours, the only person who actually made an effort was Niall,"

I swallow as she mentions him.

"I told you I didn't want to come and you got your way as per, I've been sat up here for just over an hour and you've only just noticed."

"I've had to cater to everyone Es,"

"Which is why I shouldn't be here, they're a new part of your life."

"You think I'm replacing you?"

She shrugs. "I just want to leave,"

"Please don't,"

Her phone goes off and she reads it. "My mums outside,"

I was angry at myself for ignoring her, making her feel like this, it was a shit feeling. "I'll carry your things down,"

.

Esther says goodbye to the lads, she made an excuse that she began feeling unwell and they all believed it. I heard Niall whisper 'text you later' as she pulled away and Esther smiled with a shy nod.

They've swapped numbers?

I loaded Esther's things and said hi to her mum, Tracey.

"You alright honey?" Her mum smiled warmly.

"I'm great,"

"Sorry she's come down with this bug, I'll try to get her better by tomorrow,"

I smiled at Esther who slowly sat in the car. "Yeah, do that for me Trace,"

I waved goodbye and jogged back into the house, the lads already back by the fire.

"So you and Esther," Louis smirked nudging Niall with his foot. I instantly felt sick.

"Yeah, is it okay I ask her on a date Harry? I know you don't date or anything but I know she's your friend."

"It's cool," I shrug. Zayn looks at me but I avoid his eyes.

"She really gorgeous," Niall continues. "Cracking laugh as well,"

I know.

"Yeah," I smile.

"Why haven't you ever gone there?" Louis asks.

Oh boy, how wish i'd gone there.

I shrug. "We're just friends I guess. Mutual understanding."

"You must have kissed at least?"

I shake my head. "We've never had feelings for one another, we're like siblings."

"Guess that would be weird," Liam adds.

"Yeah," I lie. "It would,"