36;

The time with the rehearsal.

You are invited to the wedding of Esther Louise Taylor and Nathan James Harris.

28th July 2017, 1:00pm.

Our Lady St Mary's Catholic Church, King's Road, Chelsea, London.

I sat with the invitation in my hands, I wasn't quite sure if I was reading it correctly.

She's getting married.

Esther's getting married.

My best friend, who I'm in love with. Who I have been in love with since I was thirteen, for the past nine years.

She's going to marry Nathan and not be in love with me, she's going to slowly forget about me, have children, become a mum.. all with him.

And I'll be sat here alone.

I place the invitation on my fridge as my phone rings.

Niall.

I knew he'd ring sooner or later, he was the only one out of the boys who really believed Esther and I were made for each other.

"Hello," I sigh.

"I got the invite,"

I look over at it. "Me too,"

"It's really happening?"

"Yes Niall,"

"But how can you let it happen, why don't you tell her she can't do this.. she's making a mistake. He's no good for her, we both know that."

"Because she isn't, he's right for her we just don't want him to be. She loves him-"

"She loves you,"

I bite my lip. "She's marrying him Niall, and I can't do anything about it."

Esther's POV

- - A few months later - -

I was raging with anger. It was the rehearsal and Harry was no where in sight. These past few months have been nothing but working and wedding planning.

Now with my degree in make up artistry I was finally getting going in the career I've always wanted. I was being requested for fashion shows, and asked to do tutorials.

As well as that I've been planning my dream day. Nathan was getting a little tired of my attitude but I wanted everything perfect so of course I was going to be uptight about everything.

For my hen party, I decided I wanted just close people, I was going to do something crazy like sky-diving but decided a night in with my best friends would do. Harry came of course, he went crazy with food and drinks and didn't even care about the end total.

But right now I was furious with him. It's a week until my big day. A week. 7 days. 168 hours. 10,080 minutes. And Harry isn't here at the rehearsal.

I had called and texted and in return got nothing. What the hell is he doing?

Over the past few weeks I'll admit he hasn't been the best with contact, I haven't heard from him for days on end and when I have he's been vague and not really wanted to talk, he's kept things short. I wasn't even sure if he was in the country most of the time.

Harry is, well, was, my maid of honour - or guy of honour, whatever they call guys when they do it. I wouldn't want anyone else to do it, but right now I wish I had never asked him.

: H, where the hell are you!!??

"Look, babe we're going to have to start sooner or later-"

I shake my head at Nathan watching as my iMessage to Harry turns from delivered to seen.

: ??? It's my rehearsal you dickhead where are you!!!?

Delivered, Seen. Once again.

I sigh as a fresh set of tears build.

"Babe don't cry, he's the selfish one here lets just-"

"I can't do it without Harry being here."

Nathan's eyebrows furrow. "But why? I'm your fiancée,"

"I know but Harry is supposed-"

"Forget it," Nathan walks off and I try Harry once again.

"Hello?"

I'm surprised for two reasons; 1, because he answered and 2, because he sounds drunk at 1pm.

"Harry? Where are you?"

"Out," He hiccups.

"Out? Where out? I'll come fetch you," I go for the door but his words stop me.

"I'm in LA Es, do your wedding and fuck out of my life,"

I stand frozen. Everyone is watching as I try to compose myself. "Harry," I whisper. "What are you talking about? I need you here," I cry.

"No you don't, you have Nathan,"

I hear some girls in the background laughing and calling out Harry's name, telling him to get off the phone.

"I will in a second," He laughs telling whoever is there with him.

"Harry, why are you in LA?"

"Why are you getting married?" He slurs. "Oh yeah because you looove Nathan," He laughs again.

I walk outside into the summer sun and sit down. "I love you too H, I wish you were here."

He laughs again and I feel a sharp stab to my heart.

"No you don't Es, go on with your life."

With that, the calls over and I stare at my phone.

"Hey," Gemma smiles holding some fake flowers, she was one of my bridesmaids. When she sees my face she frowns and sits beside me. "Let me guess, Harry?"

I nod wiping my face.

"He's drunk in LA somewhere with hundreds of girls. He won't be making it."

She gives me a hug. "I didn't know he was there,"

I shake my head. "It's fine, he's a dick."

"He loves you Esther,"

I scoff. "Yeah, clearly."

Gemma shakes her head in frustration and I give her an odd look, I try to make out what she's trying to say but instead she stands up. "I believe you have a rehearsal to attend."

I smile taking her hand and standing up beside her. "I believe I do too,"

. . .

A/N;

I don't think y'all are ready for the next chapter....