28;

The time Esther and I got matching tattoos.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" I ask as I watch Esther play with her fingers, her knees shaking.

"Yeah," Her smile was nervous. "Are you?"

"Es, I have a huge butterfly on my stomach. I can do this just fine, can you?"

She swallows. "I just feel a bit sick,"

I hand her my water. "Drink up,"

"Alright, who's first?" Dean, a tattooist I've visited before, smiles.

I look at Esther who was a little pale. "Me, I'll go first." I stand.

Dean nods, Esther and I follow him into the room, closing the door behind us.

"So the initials then?" He asks showing us some sketches of his ideas for our initials, I rang him yesterday to book the appointment so he sketched up ideas for us.

I shake my head. "I've changed my mind,"

Esther looks at me to say 'are you crazy?!' But I only smile.

"I've changed my idea,"

Dean and Esther both look at me expectingly.

"I think I should get a Q for queen and you K for king, I'm your king, you're my queen."

Esther smiles. "With a heart?"

"King and Queen of hearts,"

She nods. "That's a much better idea,"

Dean drew up some sketches before showing us what he came up with, we chose his second design and he got to work.

"It didn't hurt, did it?" Esther asked as she sat in the chair.

"It's a strange feeling," I admit as I take her hand.

She gives me her phone and I take a photo of her as Dean changes the needle.

Her eyes widen as he gets to work and she closes her eyes, her hand squeezing mine.

"You're doing great," I comment as Dean goes over the K outline.

Esther simply nods.

When he finally finished, Esther grins as she looks down at her now covered up tattoo. "I love it, I'm so glad we did it," I pay, this doesn't go down well with Esther as she wants to go halves but I insisted I pay and then she buys our Starbucks - she wouldn't but it shut her up.

We walk out the tattoo shop and within minutes paparazzi start hovering.

'How come you're back in LA Harry?'

'Is your friend your new lover?'

'What about Kendall?'

'What happened with Kendall?'

'Glad to be back in LA Harry?'

'Is it over with the Jenner?'

I ignore them as Esther walks behind me silent. I wouldn't say she's use to it, but she knows how to handle it by now, she's been with me through so many situations that she knows to just be quiet, keep her head down and follow my lead.

. .

Back at my hotel I sigh with relief as Esther and I both flop onto my bed.

"What did happen with Kendall? Is that who you were with in New York?"

"Yeah," I look over at Esther as we lay side by side. "We just chilled in some hotel for a couple days,"

Esther laughs and I love it, her laugh is my favourite thing about her. As well as her smile, eyes and the way she gets annoyed at me for playing with her hair.

"As you do, you celebs." She teases.

I roll my eyes.

"Do you like her?"

I nod. "She's a nice girl, yeah."

"Good,"

"How's Nathan?"

"He's okay," She smiles and it makes me feel sick with how happy she looks. "He's a little stressed out so I tend to just leave him alone when uni gets to him,"

"Yeah," I didn't really know how to respond.

"But things couldn't be more perfect,"

I smile but inside I was curling into a ball in the corner.

Just as we both closed our eyes Esther's phone rang. "Oh it's Nath.. Hi babe," She answers. "..Yeah I'm with Harry, I have something to tell you." She grins at me and I smile a small smile back. "Hang on, I want you on speaker when I tell you," She chuckles.

"Okay.." I hear Nathan.

"Hi Nathan, it's Harry."

"Harry! You alright mate?"

"Yeah.. I'm good. Thanks."

"Good. So what's the news Es?"

Es.

Since when has he called her that? Not even her parents call her Es. Just me.

I frown and look down.

"H and I got matching tattoos!"

There's a silence on the other end.

"Babe?" Esther frowns.

"What?" Nathan asks completely confused.

"Harry and I got matching tattoos on our fingers. I'll send you a photo in a minute."

"Oh. Alright.. Why?"

"Because we're best friends." Esther laughs completely oblivious to his change of mood.

"You do know tattoos are permanent Es, right?"

Es.

"Yeah, of course!"

"Okay, as long as you're happy.."

Esther smiles down at her tattoo. "Really happy,"

"Good,"

I stand up not able to take their love fest much longer and head for the shower.

What boyfriend would be okay with his girlfriend getting matching tattoos with another guy?

Oh yeah. 'Perfect Nathan' would.

. . .

A/N:

The photo is just what I had in mind for the tattoo :)

Hope you enjoyed! Vote & comment your thoughts..

Laura xx