10;

The time Esther had her first break-up.

It was nearly Christmas, X Factor had finished - we came third. The boys and I weren't thrilled at first but when Simon signed us we couldn't really believe our luck.

After our spat, it took Esther a day to cool down and realise how she made me feel.

She came down the following week, alone. We spent some quality time together and the argument was all forgotten.

It was a week before Christmas and I had made sure to at least get my family and Esther presents - which thankfully I did on time.

I had just finished a livestream when Esther burst into my room. Her hair was all over, make-up smudged and I immediately knew something had happened.

I stood and held my arms out and she walked into them instantly sobbing on my shoulder.

"What happened?" I move her hair to the side so it doesn't get her hot.

"Anthony broke up with me," She splutters.

"Oh," I wasn't sure how to respond. "Why?"

She sniffles. "I just.. I wanted to just.."

I frown, "Es, what?"

"I.. I didn't want to do it.. have sex,"

I shake my head. "He's an idiot, forget him."

I switch into best friend mode and hand her some of my pyjamas before telling her to change and get into my bed whilst I made her a hot chocolate and brought up some home made cupcakes.

She smiled as she tucked herself up in my bed. "Thank you,"

We spend the night watching her favourite films and eating as many Christmas cupcakes as possible.

. . .

The following day we both woke around noon and I had already planned what I wanted us to do.

We got ready in our own time before heading into town, it was weird getting stopped occasionally by girls who had watched the show. People knew me kind of, they'd ask for photos and signatures and although I enjoyed it, it was still very odd.

We went for Chinese food - Esther's favourite before heading to the ice rink.

"I haven't been here in ages," Esther smiles lacing up her skates.

"Me neither,"

We went round the rink a few times, Esther has always been a better skater than me, it's always taken me a few goes to get use to it whereas she can go straight onto the ice and skate.

When we both started to get a little hungry we headed for the snacks area.

"Don't you think it's weird that this could potentially be your last time sitting in public normally?" Esther asked as she bit into her hotdog.

"Don't say it like that, that's scary. And weird," I frown. "Nothing's changing, I'm not changing, I'm still going to be able to do normal things."

Esther smiles as if she knew something I didn't. "Harry you're a signed artist, you're going to start recording your first album after Christmas, you've already been stopped a few times today as it is! This is going to be great,"

I shrug. "I think we'll do okay with the album but nothing out the UK, I mean we aren't exactly going to be huge now are we?"

Esther smiles. "You never know,"

"Anyway," I change the subject. "How are you feeling?"

Her smile fades slightly. "Better,"

"I'm proud of you, you know."

Her eyes light up and I could have sworn I fell in love with her again. "Really?"

I nod eating a chip. "You don't need to have sex to prove anything to anyone, and I'm glad you didn't. I'm glad you're not like a lot of girls who would do anything to keep a boyfriend,"

She nods. "It just didn't feel right, not with him. I couldn't let him be my first time,"

I smile. "And that's why I'm proud of you,"

She laughs it off and takes another bite of her hotdog. "I'm also proud of you, I mean you're going to make an album, who'd had thought?"

I shake my head. "Definitely not me, but I kind of have some news." I bite my lip. I wasn't sure how I was going to tell her this.

"Okay.. go ahead,"

I set my burger down and wipe my mouth with a napkin.

"I'm moving to London,"

She blinks and doesn't react for a good few minutes, she kind of just stares in bewilderment.

"That's.. Thats great, when?" I could tell she was putting on a brave face.

"After christmas, January time."

She raises her eyebrows. "So soon?"

"I know, it shocked me too. Its just we're going to have to be in London in order to do music stuff. I'm going to move in with Louis, I don't know about the other boys yet."

She nods again but she's silent the entire time.

"Say something Es,"

With her eyes on her chips she slowly picked at them. "I don't really know what you want me to say," When she looks up I see two tears.

I'm instantly by her side pulling her into me. "This doesn't change anything for us though, okay?"

"It kind of does,"

I shake my head. "You can visit whenever,"

"I have college,"

"Weekends then, I'll need you to help me pick out furniture, you know I'm no good with that stuff."

Her smile was forced and I could tell she wasn't happy in the slightest.

"I'm sorry Es,"

She shakes her head. "Never apologise, this is your dream and I'm so happy for you, it's just a lot to take in I mean you're my best friend, we're only 16 and you're just like.. leaving,"

"But we can still talk everyday,"

"Yeah,"

I kiss her temple.

"How long will you live in London for?"

I shrug. "I mean, I can't really give an estimate. We need to record the album, do promotion, all of that boring stuff."

"So a year then?"

I smile but I couldn't reassure her with anything. I knew she was going through a lot emotionally so I hugged her close and kissed her temple. "Yeah, let's say a year,"

Little did I know, the second I moved to London - I'd never move back.