33;

The time Zayn left the band.

Esther and I were working on our friendship, after LA, I came back and we met for a talk. I went for around three weeks without contact, and although it was hard, it helped me clear my head a bit.

Now, being back on tour it helped us build our friendship back up again as communication was vital whilst I was away.

I had come to terms with their engagement, I attended her engagement party and plastered on a fake smile the whole night whilst I watched Nathan keep Esther close to him.

"So what's going on?" Louis asks.

It was Louis, Liam, Niall and myself all sat around a table in Niall's hotel room on a Skype meeting with Simon.

"Zayn has decided he doesn't want to return,"

The news hit me like a brick. Zayn had flown home as he was far too stressed on this tour, the more stressed he got, the less of himself he was becoming. We all decided it was best for him to go home for a bit to rest and clear his head.

"As in-"

"He's left, quit. He wants out completely." Simon adds.

"He can't just do that during tour, surely?" Liam asks trying to be the fatherly figure once again.

"He can and he has, he won't answer any calls, he's told everyone, this is it now, he's not coming back boys."

Louis was sat in shock and I'm sure Niall's lip trembled, Liam had his head in his hands and I felt like punching someone.

How can he just leave us?

His four brothers. We've spent so much time, so much effort building this band, he's been there for everything, every tour, every press conference, every show, every award, he's been through it.

I stand and leave, slamming the door behind me. I take out my phone and call Zayn straight away but it goes to answer machine. "Zayn it's me, how can you do this? What are you doing? You've just left us! Your four brothers! You've left us on this tour, after everything."

I didn't even realize I was crying until Niall walked out to comfort me, I've never really cried with the boys, but it was good to know they have my back. One by one the other two join and we all do a group hug.

"We stay together?" I ask, my voice husky.

"Without a doubt mate," Liam replies instantly.

We break the group hug and stand in a circle.

"Brothers?" Niall puts his hand in the middle and I smile putting my hand in too.

"Brothers,"

Liam puts his hand in next. "Brothers,"

Louis as usual has to be difficult and throws his hand on top making us all squirm. "Brothers!" He exclaims.

We all smile at each other and I swallow the lump in my throat as I realize I was looking for Zayn to come out a hotel room to join.

. . .

"..So he's just up and left then?" Esther asks as I watch her eat some noodles over FaceTime.

I nod. "Quit, gone."

"Wow,"

"I know,"

"So what happens now?"

"We continue without him, we can't cancel because of him, that isn't fair to the fans."

"Yeah, I saw some girls on Twitter really excited to see you."

"It's going to be weird, but we'll survive."

"Have you spoken to him?"

I shake my head. "It's been two days since we found out and his phones still off. Fans find out tomorrow, our team are doing a statement, fans are going to go crazy."

"The whole world is, this is huge, H."

I nod. "I know,"

"Well, you have me, and I'm here always. If I could sing I'd replace him," She jokes.

I laugh. "Yeah, I've heard your high notes, I think it's best you don't join."

Esther pouts. "Dreams are now shattered, thanks."

"Love ya' really."

She laughs. "Love you too, H."

I yawn and sink lower into bed. "I'm going to get some sleep, prepare for tomorrow and all that. Speak soon, okay?"

Esther wipes her mouth. "Of course, I might Skype you tomorrow to see how you are,"

I smile. "Okay, bye. Love you, Es."

"Sleep well, love you too, Harry."