15;

A/N; I don't have a character for Esther yet, if you have any ideas let me know. I picture Esther with dark brown hair.

. .

The time Esther didn't show up.

Our Up All Night tour had gone down a storm in the UK. We had sold places out within minutes and were able to visit places we'd never even heard of.

It was our Manchester date and I was the most excited for this one, all of my family, some friends and Esther were coming and I couldn't wait.

We were also told today that we'd secured a slot on the Big Time Rush tour in America, we'd support them up and down the US, how crazy is that?!

. . .

When my family arrived my smile grew. I hugged each of them, my mum was beaming as if this was the most proudest moment of her life.

"Are you all ready to go on stage?" Mum smiled playing with my collar.

"Always," I smirk faking confidence.

She rolls her eyes and leaves my collar alone. "I'm so proud of you,"

"Thank you,"

She hugs me again and kisses my cheek before pulling back.

"Have you seen Esther?"

She shakes her head. "We were meant to pick her up along the way but she never showed."

I frown.

"Oh,"

"She's kind of gone off the radar recently,"

I swallow. "Wh-what do you mean?"

Mum licks her lips looking away from me. "Usually, she comes over on a Thursday to have tea with Gem and I, just to keep her in the loop.. but she hasn't been over the past few weeks, she just drops texts saying she can't make it, no excuses, no explanations just plain and simple; can't come over."

This made me frown even more, what was Esther running from? The past few months she'd really changed. She would hardly answer my phone calls, but she was fine with texting. FaceTime was a no-go, she was always too busy to do that. We had drifted and it hurt, I miss her but I can't reach her how I want to.

"I'll drive home after the show,"

Mum frowns.

"We have a week off before our shows in London, I'll go and see her."

Mum smiles. "I think she really needs you right now."

I smile slightly as I thought as to what was going on with Esther. I wasn't sure whether it was me who she needed right now, but I was going to be there.

. . .

The show went great, I was extra nervous with my family in the audience but after a few songs I forgot they were there and enjoyed myself.

The second I came off stage I changed, said good bye to everyone, hugged my mum and sister and got in a car.

Arriving at Esther's, her mum answered with a sad smile. I had text her beforehand to let her know I was on my way.

"How is she?" I slip my shoes off and give her a hug.

"She's just a shell," Tracey sighs.

I make my way slowly up the stairs and knock on her door a couple times before entering.

She was laying on her side, the room dark, the curtains were shut but I could tell her window was open. She was watching something on her laptop but when she saw me walk in she paused it with her pinky on the space bar.