B2: Chapter Four

Autumn's POV:

College seemed to fly by when you didn't have a life. I was thankfully able to see Bailey almost every day but wasn't able to do much of anything else now. The weeks had flown by, and our first midterms had wrecked the both of us. With the promise of a week off from school, I couldn't help but be floored by it. I was just happy to be able to see my family.

Rylee helped out at the shelter as much as possible, but it seemed to be harder to find time for it. Soccer was consuming more our free time and it made me realize some things. I really missed my family. So, we were able to drive up after our last practice Friday to see our families.

But not without sitting in traffic, of course.

I glanced over to see Rylee tapping her finger against the steering wheel, her head resting against the palm of her free hand that was propped against the car door. Her hair was down, somewhat curly from her recent shower. I saw an eyebrow arch, and that lazy smirk grow.

"You know, it's very rude to stare." Her voice was slightly husky, making goosebumps against the flesh of my body.

"It's not rude if you give them a kiss." I smiled, leaning over to plant a kiss on her cheek. I couldn't help the laugh that escaped my lips to see that I had made thee Rylee blush.

"Is that what you do when you stare at people?" She crinkled her nose slightly, trying to play it cool. "Kiss them? How many people have you kissed recently hm?"The playful grin staining her lips.

"Mm, " I hummed, tapping my finger against my chin to ponder mockingly. "I think it's been about forty people now." I smirked, staring into the lanes of stopped vehicles in front of us, knowing she was gawking at me now, her jaw slacked in shock. I tried to my best to hide the snicker.

"Is that so?" Her voice low, "Well, I'm much better to kiss then anyone else." She shifted in her seat, placing a hand over my thigh lightly, squeezing just once. I rose my brow, staring at her fingers moving to the inside of my thigh.

"You think so?" I teased, earning myself a devilish grin in return.

"Want me to show you?" She baited me, knowing full well my answer. I couldn't stop myself from squeezing my thighs, locking her hand between them. Now it was my turn to blush. I shook my head, ripping her hand away and shoving it back in her direction.

"Pay attention to the road." I smiled, but wishing we were back in our room right now. Rylee chuckled, knowing full well that she had beaten me. I was okay with that though. What bothered me, is the lack of... well I don't have to really explain that part, do I? We hadn't had much of it since starting school. Though, I know that was my own fault. She had tried many times but every time we did, I'd stop it. I threw myself into my homework because I was scared of the feelings that were getting worse as the days went on. It's so stupid, But I can't help but feel like I'm falling in love with her.

A little late for that, isn't it? A thought that always concluded the trailing.

But it wasn't the sex that was always breathtaking. It was the afterwards. It was how she held me so gently as slipped from the high I was experiencing. It was the way her arms embraced me, running her fingers through my hair. It was how she always waited for me after practice, how she always thought of me when grabbing Starbucks. How she always asked how my sister was doing and if she needed help. I've just never had anyone be so... considerate.

We still hadn't said 'i love you' and it made me feel that maybe she wasn't feeling the same way. What if she was all sweet in bed because she thought that's how I liked it? Every time we've had sex, I always bit my lip to stop from blurting it out like an idiot. It was getting so much harder to contain my feelings for her, and I'm just terrified that I was going to ruin everything. I've never said it to anyone before, at least not in this context. Was it too soon? How long do you wait till you say it?