Chapter Twenty

Autumn's Pov:

I guess you could say that going home couldn't make me happier. My back and head were killing me and everyone fussing over me wasn't exactly helping this hell of a headache. You know when you're getting sick and your body is just so weak and you can barely move? That sounds about right to me. Rylee, thankfully, convinced our parents to let us go home early; only if we took home the majority of my family's luggage. I couldn't help but smile at the thought that Rylee and I would actually have two days alone together, despite my slight discomfort.

"You alright?" I heard her ask as her fingers laced with my own. I opened my eyes, tilted my head to the left as I offered her a slight smile. She laughed while giving me a quick glance, her eyes back to the road. "Stupid question, huh?"

"No, I'm okay." I lied. It's not that I was really in any pain; except for my back and head, it was just I didn't want her to worry about me so much.

"Uh huh..." She said as she sped up. "Did you want to grab a bite to eat? Or would you rather go straight to your house?" I groaned as the sun landed on my face.

"I don't care; whichever you prefer." I answered. She squeezed my hand slightly. I smiled again as I moved my head to look up at her. Thankfully, soft music played through the cars speakers, relaxing me and making me sleepy. "Who is this?" I asked as I was starting to doze off. I could just picture Rylee smiling at this; my voice sounding so exhausted and her knowing I was moments from passing out.

"Do you like it?" She asked as I felt the car moved slightly left, a lane change. I didn't really answer, but simply groaned out an 'mhm.' "It's AR I Z O N A, oceans away." All I did was make a slight sound. "Sleep, we still have another hour until we're home, okay?" She didn't have to tell me twice, that's for damn sure.

---

My eyes shot open, my hand going to my head as I groaned. I blinked a few times as I sat up... from my bed? Shaking my head slightly, I looked around. I was in my bedroom... in my pj's?

"Feel better?" I heard Rylee say next to me. I turned my head over my shoulder to see her pulling earbuds out of her ears. I smiled as I laid back down, wrapping my arms around her as she kissed my forehead.

"My head just hurts still. What time is it?" I asked, laying my head upon her shoulder. She brought her iPhone up and smiled before placing it on my nightstand.

"A little over three." She said as if it was normal. I opened my eyes as I pushed up on my hands looking down at her shocked.

"I've been asleep..." I started as I attempted to remember when I passed out.

"About four hours." She laughed as I groaned, falling on her. "You don't feel well and you're exhausted, so don't worry about it." She said as she wrapped her arms around me. I laid my head back against her chest, a small smile coming to me. "You know what's funny though?"

"My life?" We both shared a laugh.

"Never, " she smiled, kissing my forehead. The shiver that ran through my body, but I welcomed the feeling. "What's funny is that when I got here I realized that you weren't waking up anytime soon."

"Why is that funny?" I questioned, creasing my brows.

"Well, I also realized that I've never been inside your home before." I leaned my head back to look at her amused face.

"I am so sorry, why didn't you wake me?"

"I tried, for like twenty minutes as I searched for your house keys." She chuckled lightly, squeezing me. "But I texted your mom from your phone and asked wife's you have a spare."