Chapter Eleven

Rylee's POV:

I felt freezing cold water wrap around me in less than a second. The only thing that registered in my mind was: She really just pushed me?! And into the ocean?! Once I was able to stand up, I felt air race into my lungs as quick as an Indy car race. I wiped the water off my face as I glared at her laughing form that was sitting on the sand. I shook the water out of my hair as I drained some off my now soaked and clingy t-shirt.

"You think this is funny?" I asked her as I pointed to myself. She opened her eyes as she stared at me. For a slight second there... I thought she had been checking me out... so wrong. She randomly just started giggling. "You've officially lost your damn mind..."

"Aha! You fell down!" I heard one of the boys scream as they bolted over to me, tackling me back into the water.

Like really?! As I pushed myself back up, on my hands and knees I felt yet another wave slam into my back.I shot Autumn a puppy dog look. She shook her head as she took my phone and placed an ear bud into her ear.

"Please help me?" I asked, watching the now soaked boys flop around on the sand.

"No way, I'm not helping you up." She said as she shot me a beautiful smile. I felt my stomach doing flips as I stood up. I sighed, once again, ringing the water from my hair and tried to rinse some out of my hair. I finally made it out of the water, taking a seat next to her.

She had her eyes closed; sunglasses pushed up onto her head as she leaned back on her hands to let the sun warm her up. I ran a hand through my wet hair as I studied her. 'Kiss her' my brain kept telling me. Over and over again I heard that thought echo off me. I can't kiss her though, not in front of our brothers. Besides, our parents would be here any moment now. "What?"

"Ilm sorry...?" I asked, trying to focus my eyes again. She was looking at me strangely.

"Why are you staring at me...?"I felt a blush touch my skin as I looked away from her and concentrated on the two blonde boys chasing what seemed to be the neighbour's dog.

"This is Ginger," I heard Hayden tell Joel,  "he is such a good boyA who'd a good boy?!" Hayden giggled, throwing Ginger's toy songs could fetch it.

"Arent you scared of him?" Joel asked. Hayden smiled, shaking his head.

"No! He is so nice!"

"Rylee?" She asked, trying to pull me back in. I didn't look at her though as I placed my sunglasses on my face, not caring if they were still wet or not.

"Yeah?" I asked back as I watched Hayden and Joel play with the huge dog. I smiled as I looked how happy they were.

"Who is Lights? I see you have her entire album on here, but I haven't listened to her yet, is she good?" I rolled my eyes as I scooted closer to her, grabbing one of the ear buds. I scrolled up until I found the perfect song for her to listen to, Face Up. And yes, I was ignoring the fact that I was a mere few inches away from her now.

"She's this really amazing eletropop, or intergalacticpop as she calls it, artist. I guess she's rather the girl version of Owl City, you know him right?" I asked as I turned my head to look at her. She gave me a wide smile and nodded. "Well, she's from Canada, and has won a few music awards like the Juno Awards. She's a total nerd though, completely into W.o.W and comic books. She even has a tattoo of wonder-woman on her side. Makes her totally cute though. Here, listen to this song now." I said as I put on one of my favourite songs by her, Ice. I casted Autumn a glance and couldn't figure out if she liked it or not.

"Hm, she has a gorgeous voice." She said as she leaned closer to me. I felt my breath catch in my throat as I could smell her, a faint smell of perfume, though I couldn't  peg what kind. She was so close to me that our shoulders were gently touching. I wonder if she did that on purpose... or she just didn't notice. I handed my phone back to her, letting her scroll through my many songs.