Chapter Three

Rylee's Pov:

"Rylee?" A girly voice broke my un-thoughtful trance. I looked across the table and raised my brow at her, signaling my attention. She gave me a smile as she continued to eat her lunch.

"Well, I was just going on about how we should do something tonight." I moved a hand over my thigh as I stared at my 'best friend'. In my mind, the thought 'Bossy bitch' always came whenever I was around her. Yet I asked myself this question daily, why on earth and how are we, friends?

"Yeah, that's fine. I have practice till like 6, so after then?" I almost grew annoyed as I watched Brooke's face turn into a pout. 'Fuck my life...'

"Can you just not go?" Do you know how tempting it was to just get up and leave? Instead, like the people pleaser that I was, I smiled at her.

"I'm sorry, but I can't. We get our ass chewed out by Hoffman if we miss even one day of practice. What plans did you have in mind Brooke?"

"Well...." I almost cringed when I noticed the smirk on her face. "Jacob, you know the Basketball player? Wellll he's throwing this huge party."

"Are you aware we're sitting at school? It's Tuesday during a School night... You're nuts if you think I'm going to a party during the week." I uttered out as I lifted my leg up to rest my arm upon. Why are people so stupid?

"No, no I know. But, I mean we haven't had a night out in forever!" She whined to me as she flailed her wrist for graphic display. I placed one of my ear-buds in and turned on some music, hoping she'd get the hint.

"We did a few days ago, didn't we?" I questioned as I remember perfectly-being wasted one of those days on the weekend.

"I know, gosh Rye. Don't you ever think of something else but soccer?" She complained as she glared at me through her sunglasses. That's when I thought about what she said. How I apparently didn't think of anything but Soccer. Ok, true, Soccer is like my drug of choice, but it's definitely not the only thing I think about. Now Autumn, I felt a smile draw onto my face as I remembered what she said in my room.

------

"Hey wait a damn minute." She blurted as she grabbed my arm to turn me around to face. I ran a hand through my hair, noting that I was looking down at her slightly.

"What?" I asked, smiling. She wasn't looking at me, but I knew what she was about to ask me.

"Were you... uh... I mean like did you want to..." I almost laughed at how cute she was being right now. Her cheeks were flushed and her hands were fidgeting with one another. She refused to look me in the eye.

"What?" I wanted her to say it for some reason. Normally, I didn't care and would have just come out and said it, but this felt different.

"I don't know, it seemed like you were..." She fidgeted in her stance as she rubbed the back of her neck, not looking at me. I raised my brow as I tilted my head down to grab her eyes onto mine. Her eyes were a clear indication that she was embarrassed and didn't want to ask the obvious. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

"Did you want me to?" I asked her. I smiled as I watched her cheeks a redder color.

"N-no, why would I-I want that?" She answered timidly. I stood back to my full height, grinning from ear to ear at how adorable she was.

"I don't know, but I'm sure you're an amazing kissing..." I was playing with her mind now and I loved it. To be honest, I didn't really care how less of time I knew her, this girl had me fixed.