Chapter Two

Autumn's Pov:

I laid in my bed, restless to fall back asleep. I sighed, draping an arm over my eyes, annoyed that the sun had to shine through. I felt my legs tangling in the sheets as I tried to hide from the offending light.

"Go away..." I groaned in annoyance. I didn't want to deal with this today; I was exhausted! Over the past week, the coach had been pushing me harder then I think I've ever been pushed. I wasn't sure why, but it felt like punishment. My mind went to the first game of the season or more so, the girl I had played against. I frowned, remembering that I never did get her number. She seemed like a pretty cool girl.

"Autumn! You promised you'd take me to my first karate lesson!" Joel whined as he slammed my door open. I groaned sitting up, noticing my mother leaning in the doorway, a smile on her tired face. I whipped my face in a poor attempt to present myself as awake.

"I'm awake, are you ready?" I asked as I opened my eyes, staring at the small blonde boy already dressed in his cute little uniform. I had to stifle a laugh. I was happy my mom has finally agreed to allow him to try karate. We didn't have much money but it made him happy.

"Yes! I brushed my teeth and had cereal already as mom told me to! Can we go now?" He was so excited that it actually made me excited. I smiled as I swung my legs off the bed and grabbed a towel. "What are you doing?! There's no time for that now." I raised a brow at him as he took my towel away.

"You're nuts if you think I'm going anywhere without a shower." I laughed, ripping the towel from him. He gave me a pouting face, "Child, do not even try!"

"But, it's already nine! It starts at ten..." He moped as he left the room. I looked at my mom and smiled.

"He's just overly excited is all." She mused. I laughed as I heard him yell. 'She takes years in the shower!'

"I can see that. I'm glad you let him join finally. Tell him I'll be out in like ten minutes." I asked as I went into the hallway.

"You're lying!" He yelled from his room, "You'll take five hours!"

"Oh okay, then now fifteen minutes!" I yelled back to him. I honestly, didn't take that long. I barely was out of the shower before I heard him banging on the door. I opened it quickly, nearly dying as he almost fell forward.

"Come onnnnn! It's already 9:08!" I grew annoyed as he blocked my room entrance.

"Joel, if you don't move, then I'll take twice as long." He yelped as I pinched his cheek. Before he knew it, we were jumping into my small car and heading on over. "So, do you know what you'll be doing first?" I asked him. He fidgeted in his seat as he played with his hands.

"No, I have no idea. I'm scared Autty, what if they don't like me?" Isn't it just like a kid to be scared over something like that? Who am I kidding? I have had the same friend for my whole life because I'm terrified of meeting new people! It's terrifying to try new things, especially when you don't know anyone there.

"Awe, don't be scared about that. I'm sure the other kids will like you just as much as everyone else. And hey, you might even know someone from school." I smiled at him as we pulled into the parking lot. He beamed a smile up at me as he immediately jumped out. I shook my head, unbuckling my seatbelt and locking the car. The place was empty. I looked at my cell phone and sighed as I noticed the time, 9:30. When we walked inside, the place was just a large open room. It was covered in blue mats and had mirrors all along the back wall. It had a massive trophy case that was full of trophies from who knows har far back.

"Classes don't start till ten, but it's always nice to meet a new face." A young masculine voice called out to us. Joel was busy running around and looking at everything on the walls. I turned him around and smiled at the guy. He  didn't look much older than me but was pretty cute. Short brown hair and blue eyes, a light scruff on his jawline. He was pretty tall, forcing me to look up at him.