Chapter Eighteen

Autumn's Pov:

I had the worst kink in my neck all thanks to that overly comfortable couch. I rolled my neck, trying to rub it, groaning at the pain I was suffering from. Not only that, but I was slightly hung over, which was my own damn fault.

"Did Rylee kick you out of the room?" I heard Mr. Gisslen ask as he took a seat and opened his newspaper. I groaned as I laid my head back down and frowned.

"No, we uh, got into a disagreement I suppose. So, I decided instead of fighting that I'd just sleep out here." I said as I sat up, pulling the blanket up.

"Ah, what are you guys arguing about?" He asked as he watched Joel and Hayden run through the living room and into the kitchen to get their cereal.

"Nothing Dad, just some stupid high school teenage drama." I looked over to see Rylee staring at me as she followed the boys into the kitchen. I felt my cheeks heat up but not in embarrassment, rather anger. I sat there for a few more moments then shoved off my blanket, stormed past Audrey and looked at Rylee sitting at the table with our brothers.

"You know what, I'm so angry with you right now." I said as I glared at her with my arms crossed. She looked up as she poured her milk into the cereal bowl. Her dark bangs being shoved out of her face as she looked at me.

"You're angry at me?" She asked in mock terror as she emphasized the words anger and me. I sighed as I walked around the table and grabbed her arm, forcing her to follow me to the balcony and shutting the door after us. "Do pull my arm roughly." She said as she yanked her arm away. "What the fuck are you angry at me for?"

"Because! You get away with whatever you want and it's not fair." I said as I thought that over in my head as I paced the wood. She leaned against the doorframe as she looked back in the house.

"Oh, you don't say?" She asked as she looked back at me. As her eyes met mine, I felt the anger unwillingly leave me as I noticed the bags under her eyes. "What are you even talking about? If I believe correctly," she said as she nonchalantly pointed her finger at me. "You kissed Ashley and got hammered. What exactly have I even gotten away with?"

"Rylee, seriously?" I frowned, slamming my hand against my thigh. "You ditched me! Leaving me with people I didnt even know! When you ssid it was a date; what the hell kind of date was that?"

"I'm sorry for that! I meant to come back over, but then I saw you with Ashley and I got upset!" She argued, causing me to laugh.

"You know, I fucked up." I said with a shake of my head before glancing back at her, "but at least I own it. You just cant admit that you didnt fucking care if I was there or not."

"Are you serious? I at least didn't fucking make out with someone else."

I stood there, not really having anything to say as I looked at her. She looked very tired and worn out as she leaned against the wall with all her weight. What exactly was I trying to get at?

"Never mind." I said as I shook my head. "For someone who says I don't have to report to you, you sure throw it in my face enough..." I said as I thought for a minute and studied her reaction; un readable. "You know what, why did you react like that if it doesn't matter? I mean, you literally dragged me out of there..." I said as I leaned against the railing. I noticed she swallowed once as she cleared her throat.

"Because, you were drunk." She simply said as she pushed off the wall. "I'm going to eat my breakfast now, is that okay with you?" She asked as she looked over her shoulder as she opened the sliding glass door.

"Whatever." I said as I laughed and followed her.

"What's so funny?" My mom asked as she placed a plate of pancakes in front Rylee and Joel. "Are you hungry?"