Chapter Nine

Rylee's Pov:

I'm having some serious problems here. I was actually starting to have some... serious feelings towards Autumn. It was starting to scare the crap out of me. While I was in Art class, I unknowingly drew a picture of us... in a loving embrace while laying what I assumed was my backyard. I didn't even notice it until the girl next to me called me out on it.

------Flashback------

"Say, what ya got there?" Casey asked me. I turned to her, pulling my ear buds out. She laughed as she repeated the question.

"Oh, just something." I said as I showed her it. I watched as her face contorted. "What?"

"Well nothing... but I didn't know you were gay is all..." I furrowed my brows as I took my notebook back to see what she meant. That's when a shot to my chest appeared. "It's very cute though. Who's the girl?" I closed my notebook, placing it in my bag.

"No one, I'll see you tomorrow." Before the teacher could tell me not to, I left the classroom.

-----End Flashback----

And thus lead me here; the soccer field. Where I was taking a few soccer balls; kicking them into the net as hard as possible while my music blared into my ear drums.

I was sweaty mess... I don't fall for people, ever. That wasn't my thing. I had them fall for me then I did the heart breaking. I was in it for the sex and that was it. The people that I actually got close to... well... let's just say I ended before I let them get any closer to me. 'But you know that Autumn is different... since when do you ever draw people? Especially wearing your jersey number and holding each other!' I sighed in frustration, kicking the ball again, almost hitting Sam, a fullback.

"Jesus christ Gisslen! You almost took my head off there!" She cried as she jogged over to me, throwing the ball down at the ground. Frowning, I pushed my sunglasses up, taking my ear buds out.

"I'm sorry... I don't know where my head is today."

"Today? You've been strange as fuck for a while now... just be careful girl." She was about to turn around and leave when she stopped, eyeing me strangely."Hey... why are you here so early anyway?" She asked as she walked back to me. I bit my lip as I looked up at her.

"I kinda uh... ditched my last class." She rolled her eyes as she took a stand next to me, kicking the ball into the net as well. "Why are you here early?"

"I'm the coach's T.A. for her p.e. class, but that's basically her way of getting more practice in for me, ya know?" I nodded as we shared a small laugh. "So, what's wrong?" She asked after a few balls hit the net roughly, thanks to me.

"Just having some personal problems is all." Why bother telling her? She hates me anyway.

"Don't want to talk about it, hm?" She asked as she bent down to tie her cleat. I stopped kicking the ball for a moment, and then launched it.

"It's not that I don't want to," I don't want to... "It's just that, why do you want to know? I thought you hated me?" I laughed, acting like I didn't care. 'Wait... do I care? Jesus fucking tit's.... what is happening to me?!' Her laugh broke my strange thinking.

"Why did you assume that? I just avoid talking to you... because well..." She wondered off what she was saying.

"Because I'm a bitch?" She laughed once again. She was putting her blonde hair up as she nodded.

"If you want to be blunt, then yeah. I don't hate you. I don't know you well enough to declare anything like that. I want to know you though, you seem interesting with that tough exterior you have." She offered me a small smile.