Chapter Five

Rylee:

"So, I was just wondering.... Now that we're a... ya know..." I closed my eyes and rubbed my temples as I tried to think of being in a different place. 

"Greenwood! Gisslen! Would you kindly pay attention! I know it must be the hardest thing in the world right now, but we're practicing for Saturday's game. So shut up, and do pay attention to what I'm ordering you two to do." I have never been so happy when being told to shut up in my life. I looked over to Ashley and saw an annoyed and flustered expression.

The coach went back to showing the girls what formations to be in for this and for that, honestly I didn't really care as I looked at phone. 'Hm, which All Time Low song do I want to listen to... ?' Practice was going to be a total snore-fest because all I had to do was block whoever was kicking a ball at me. Yes, that's right kids. You figured out that I was goalie for this next match, good job! 

"So, word is you fucked Ashley?" I heard someone whisper in my ear. I turned to face the person and almost died right there. Of course the person to find out would be the last girl I messed around with, Maria. I groaned to myself as I pulled my ear-buds out. 

"And where did you hear that?" I whispered back, annoyed that once again I could not listen to a single song. She smiled as she didn't look at me, her 'attention' directed at what the coach was saying. 

"Oh, she's been in a wonderful bliss in thinking you two are a thing now. When ya gonna tell her you're just a whore?" I clicked my tongue on the top of my mouth. 

"Whore?" I whispered back. 

"What else do you call a girl who sleeps with nearly everyone on her team, and a good chunk of boys at school?" I couldn't help but smile now. 

"Hm, are you upset at the fact I rejected you when you asked me out last year? Because if that's the case, well, I don't know what to say. As for your assumptions that I sleep with everyone I meet, you're so wrong. Who I sleep with is my business, so would you kindly mind it?" I was smiling as I noticed her angry stare that wasn't directed at me, but was obviously caused by me. 

"You got some fucking nerve..." 

"Allen! That's it; go get your running in early!" Hoffman ordered as she pointed to the track roughly. I almost pissed myself as I watched Maria's face turn from angry to shocked annoyance. 

"What about her?!" She asked as she pointed at me. 

"Stop accusing others, you got caught talking during my instructions so you'll be the one running. Do you want double?" Maria mumbled to herself, grinding her teeth together, jogging to the track. I smiled a huge smile as I got to finally listen to music again. When I turned back around to face the group, Hoffman was in my face, chewing on her gum. I nearly fell over from shock at how fast she appeared from nowhere. "Listening to this damn thing again?" She asked as she took my phone from my pocket. I sighed as I knew what was coming next. "Get your butt on the track as well, Gisslen." 

"Aye aye Captain." I said as I saluted her, earning a laugh from the girls. I smirked at her vein showing on her head. 'So gross...' "Okay, okay. I'm going."

----------

"What are you doing?" Came her angelic voice. I cracked an eye open, seeing her eyes looking down at me as I laid on the grass. I closed my eyes again as I felt a sunny smile grow on me.

"Hey, soul sister. I don't wanna miss a single thing ya do tonightttt." I sang to her. I heard her sigh and close her book as she moved from the table to sit down next to me.

"You're so weird, Rye...." Autumn said as she pushed her sleeves up. I titled my head sideways as I looked up at her.

"So you say, but yet never explain how I am." I countered. I looked up at her and watched her jaw slack then close up again. "That's what I thought."