Chapter Sixteen

Autumn's Pov:

"So, How was it?" I heard Audrey ask once again from the bed. I rolled my eyes as I ran a towel through my hair, attempting to dry it.

"Do you honestly think I'm going to tell you?" I asked her with all seriousness. She laughed as she sat up and gave me her typical Audrey look. I sighed and turned back to grab the brush.

"Uh, duh? You always tell me stuff. So?" She asked once again as she eyed my back. I felt uneasy as I bit my lip, contemplating to tell her about Rylee and Myself.

"So, What?" I heard another familiar voice as I turned around to see my mother standing there, looking confused and curious at the same time. You know those motherly voices that they give you? The ones that are not only curious, but demanding at the same time? Yeah, that one. Shet1u was holding one of my now cleaned jerseys in her arms as she placed it on Rylee's dresser. I swallowed the lump that must have formed while I stood there staring at her like a deer in headlights.

"I'm just waiting for Autumn to tell me about the party her and Rylee are only invited to, and why only them and not me." Audrey saves the day once again. I let out a sigh as I turned back to fix my hair.

"Oh, a party? Were you planning on telling me about it?" Mom asked in that once again motherly tone. I closed my eyes as I put the brush down and walked out of the bathroom with a smile.

"Come on mom, it's Rylee's team and she invited me to tag along with her." I said as I grabbed a pair of jeans and a shirt to slide into. She eyed me and my sister as if we had some sort of huge secret, which wasn't exactly false of her to think... considering that we both did.

"Alright, where is it though? And no drinking please Autumn; you have a big day tomorrow and I don't want to explain to your coach why you're so hung-over an-."

"I know mom, I'm not a drinker anyway." I eyed her as I finished getting dressed

"Alright, oh and we need to talk about your dress for the Senior Ball and the class ring I ordered you-." I interrupted her once more.

"Wait what? Ball? Ring? Mom, why did you get me a ring? I told you they were too expensive." I whined as I put my eyeliner on. She most likely rolled her eyes though knowing her.

"It wasn't that much... I want you to have a good last month, ok? Sue me if I want my daughter to be happy." I looked in the mirror to see the solemn look on her face. Instantly, a wave of guilt washed over me. I turned around offering her a smile.as I moved to wrap my arms around her.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to come off as ungrateful. " I frowned, moving away to look at her. She gave me a small smile, shaking her head.

"I'm your mother honey; I could never be upset with you." She squeezed my arms tight, looking at Audrey. "You two are my girls. I love you both very much." I could feel my heart tug at her words. All that came to mind was if she still would love me if she knew.

"We love you too." Audrey said with a smile.

"Alright," she laughed, waving her hand, "enough lovey shit. Just be careful please?" She said eyeing me suspiciously.

"Always am." I winked, turning back to finish my makeup. With that she left the room, running in to Rylee on the way out. She looked at me as if to ask 'what just happened in here?' I chewed on the inside of my cheek as I heard Audrey laugh.

"Anyway... I want a full report Autumn." Audrey winked, slipping past a confused Rylee. I rolled my eyes as closed my make up bag, placing it on the dresser and smiling at Rylee's facial expression.

"What was that about?" She asked as walked closer to me. I felt butterflies invade me at that moment. "Since when do you wear makeup?"

"Uh always? What are you talking about?" I asked, confused now. She smirked, wrapping her arm around my waist as she pulled me closer.