Chapter 1

Two Types of Love: Annoying.

⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊰

Hurts, Emeli Sandé.

*・゚:*・゚: *.*:・゚ .: *・゚: .

Beam put down a lunchbox container that he brought in just a few minutes ago. He pulled a chair, removed his white coat and hung on the back of the chair before he took a seat. He then wordlessly opened the container of his freshly made food that he got from the hospital's cafeteria.

It was easier to have the food packed, and eat it after he finished his shift.

It was already 6.50pm and Beam just ended his shift twenty minutes ago. He did not have a chance to eat the entire day because of his severely packed schedule, but part of him was just used to skipping lunch.

On the side note, Beam still found it annoying to have his stomach growling in hunger for some food.

Usually, people would just eat in the cafeteria since it was located on the Ground Floor. It was easier to head to the basement parking lot too. But there was someone Beam was running away from. He was hiding away in the on-call room since it was mostly empty after the shift's transition.

Beam grabbed the spoon and fork. Then, he began to dig in.

Just after two spoonful of his fried rice, the door leading to the room was barged open. There stood a tall male figure he was running away from.

"Here you are. I was searching for you the whole day. I went to pediatrics just now, and they said you've left for the cafeteria." The guy said, pulling a chair from the other table.

He then sat right in front of Beam.

Beam kept his silence and continued to have his fill. He did not give any reaction to the other guy as he quietly tried to finish his fried rice faster.

"So? How's your life? We've been trying to contact you for a week, but you gave very vague responses." The guy asked as he pulled out a pack of cream biscuits and began to munch it calmly.

Beam held back his sigh as he replied: "Just busy. My schedule is very packed nowadays."

The guy raised his eyebrows wordlessly.

Beam knew what that meant. They had been friends since they were freshmen in medical school.

"Did you and Perm have a fight or something?" The tall guy asked softly.

Beam blinked at the question. He raised his eyebrows.

The other guy then explained: "You tend to avoid us whenever you have a fight with Perm."

Beam shrugged carelessly. He continued to shove the fried rice into his mouth.

"You've been quite distant, Beam. We're worried because none of us recognize this Baramee."

Beam smiled lazily, packing the emptied container along with the used utensils into the paper bag he had.

He could not help but to find it annoying to hear such words.

"People change all the time, Pha."

The tall guy named Pha just sighed in hopelessness.

He gritted softly: "You're too stubborn."

Beam found it annoying that he could not argue on that. He was, indeed, stubborn.

"That aside, you can come to me if you have any problem. We're friends, aren't we?" Pha continued further.

Beam just hummed in response. He did not have anything to say to that.

He knew. He already knew.

But that did not mean that it would be easier for him to share his problems with his friends. Beam had too much pride to do that. Apparently, Pha also knew about that which was probably why he came and told him all of this.

"By the way, did you ask Perm about it?" Pha asked as he stood up to throw the biscuits wrapper away.

Beam answered carelessly: "He seems very busy nowadays so I chose not to ask."

The other guy raised his eyebrows questioningly. "He seems busy?"

Behind the tone, disbelief could clearly be heard.

Beam knew what that tone meant. He and Pha were best friends for years, after all. But despite catching every body language from Pha, he decided to just shrug at the question.

He was not lying. He really just thought Perm was busy.

It was quite rare to see the guy around since he was working in the hospital. Their schedule did not work most of the time. That was the reason why it was easier for Perm to play around outside with some random girls. He did that multiple times before, and Beam would not be surprised that he did it again.

Beam blinked.

Maybe that was the source of the problem. He, being a pediatrician and first year into the practice, was too busy for anything else. Maybe Beam was just not fit for a relationship.

He found that thought especially annoying.

"Well, you can just ask him when he's going to be free, then. We all can try to match up with his schedule, you know? Yours is pretty much the same as mine and Kit's anyway." Pha argued calmly.

Beam nodded his head belatedly after he did some thinking. He could not refuse further without being too suspicious.

"I will try to ask him later, then." Beam then looked up to his tall friend. "Why are you insisting on this triple date, Pha? We're busy as is, shouldn't we just stay at home and rest during our off day?"

Pha eyed him for a second, quietly observing the pediatrician that probably felt too different from the one he knew for years.

"We just want to get to know Perm better. It's strange how we don't know Perm much, when we are your best friends and colleagues. Can you believe that I only talked to him back during my Masters' days? That's been years." Pha ranted, moving his hands animatedly as he tried to prove a point.

He then added firmly: "Plus, it would be nice to hang out together. Have fun and relax."

Beam sighed softly. "Yeah, you're right. I will ask him then."

Pha nodded his head in an approving manner.

"How are you going home?" Pha asked the pediatrician, walking towards the door to open it.

Beam pulled out his car keys and held it in front of his face. "I brought my car with me."

Pha raised one eyebrow.

Beam was aware of what his best friend was thinking. Despite that, he just gave an indifferent shrug. Pha probably decided to not pester further when he finally nodded his head and excused himself, saying that he needed to pick up his bag from his room first.

Beam hummed in acknowledgement. He watched his tall friend walk away. Then, he turned his attention to the car keys in his hand.

Beam sighed slightly.

He hated driving. He hated it as much as he hated the rain. He hated it as much as he hated his situation.

He found all of them annoying.

*・゚:*・゚: *.*:・゚ .: *・゚: .

⊱⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷