Chapter 18

Two Types of Love: Sunflowers.

⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊰

Let Me In, EXO.

*・゚:*・゚: *.*:・゚ .: *・゚: .

Beam was not sure how long the time had passed as he kept chatting and catching up with Forth. They had moved from the restaurant at three o'clock in the evening, moving to the nearby café Forth claimed he wanted to try but felt awkward to go alone.

By the time Forth was picking up the second bill of the day, it was already past six in the evening.

Beam was holding his phone to his ear as he glanced at Forth from time to time, both quietly waiting for the other line to pick up the phone. They were back at the park, enjoying the scenery during sunset.

"I don't think he's picking–" Beam was about to end the outgoing call when the monotone ring stopped.

"Hello, Beam?" The other line greeted confusedly.

Beam glanced at Forth once more, earning himself an encouraging look from the tanned guy. He awkwardly responded to the other line.

"Uh, hello, Pha.. Um, remember the guy who stayed with me when I was in the E.R. that night?" Beam asked as he repeatedly glanced at Forth for emotional support.

"Yeah, I think his name was Jaturaphoom...? Why?" Phana replied, his tone undoubtedly sounded even more confused.

Beam smiled awkwardly even though his friend could not see it as he continued: "Actually, he's my childhood friend back in Chiang Mai.. Um, I am currently with him now and he suggested that we hang out tonight..."

The pediatrician shortly glanced at Forth once again. The tanned guy enthusiastically nodded his head, quietly giving encouragement to the shorter one.

"And that we would like to invite you and Kit along too... If you're free?" Beam asked softly.

Silence greeted him back for the next few seconds, but Beam could really not blame Phana for this.

It was really out of nowhere.

He was telling Forth about how distant he had become to his best friends because of how busy he was with his own work and life when Forth on the spur of the moment suggested the idea of them hanging out together that night. The tanned guy then proceeded to convince Beam to at least give his best friends a call.

Beam glanced at Forth again. This time, instead of an awkward look, he unconsciously gave a nervous look at his childhood friend. The tanned guy, in return, gave a reassuring smile as if he was telling Beam to wait for a definite answer.

The pediatrician almost gave up and took his invitation back when Phana finally responded with: "Okay, texted Kit and he said he's free too. Where are we going to meet up?"

Beam blinked in surprise. "Huh?" He really did not expect that reply.

Phana seemed to not mind and jokingly said. "How about you let Forth talk to me? I think you're too tired from work!"

"Oh, okay. Forth, here." Beam mindlessly responded before he handed his phone to Forth.

Forth raised his eyebrows but wordlessly took the phone. He stepped aside a bit as he conversed with Phana on the line, leaving Beam to his thoughts.